Rock Lane Methodist Episcopal Church (Clarksburg) was organized about the year 1873 or 1874. A substantial frame house of worship was afterward erected at a cost of $2,000, and the society, though weak in numbers, the membership being about forty, is now making substantial progress. The class leader is William Dunlavy. Stewards: William Doughtery, Harvey Fisher and William Dunlavy. The church is a point on the Acton circuit, and is ministered to at this time by Rev. James Hughes. There are three or four other Methodist churches in the county additional to those mentioned, but owing to the absence of early records, their histories were not learned.