South Stott’s Creek Regular Baptist Church (Union Township) was organized April, 1836, at a schoolhouse near the present site of Trafalgar. The following were among the first members: Thomas Sturgeon and wife; Simpson Sturgeon and wife, William Clark and wife, Frederick Ragsdale and wife, Henry Musselman and wife, Jane Forsyth, Jane Allen and Mary Catlett. Frederick Ragsdale was the first moderator, and J. R. Callihan, first clerk. For a number of years, Rev. Asa B. Nay ministered to the congregation, and much of its success was due to his efforts. Revs. Ransom Riggs and Willett Tyler preached for the church at different times. The present pastor is Elder R. W. Thompson. Schoolhouses and dwellings were used for meeting places until about the year 1845, at which time a frame temple of worship was erected in Union Township, Section 25. The building was afterward improved, and is still used by the congregation. The membership at this time is quite small, numbering about fifteen. The moderator is S. T. Riggs; clerk, Henderson Ragsdale.