Stott's Creek Baptist (O.S.).—Some time in the thirties there was erected in Section 10, near the present site of Union village, a log building which served as a place of worship for several denominations. In this house, what is known as Stott’s Creek Baptist Church (Old School) was organized over fifty years ago. The following are the names of a few of the early members of the organization: Bennett Jacobs and wife, Austin Jacobs and wife, William Burkhart and wife, David Vidito and wife, James Jacobs and wife, John Herrell and wife, William Utterback and wife, and Andrew Wysick and wife. Elder Bennett Jacobs was an early minister. Hiram Craig and Enoch Taber preached for the congregation a number of years ago, as did others whose names are not now remembered. The present pastor is Elder E. D. Herrod. The building in which the congregation worships is a small frame structure near Union village, erected about the year 1856 or 1857. The society has never been very strong numerically, and at this time has the names of only about twenty-five members upon the records.