Wesley Chapel (M. E.), Union Village, was organized in the spring of 1878, as a branch of Shiloh Church, in Morgan County. For some time meetings were held in a school-house near the village, but in the fall of the above year, a neat frame building was erected. Among the early members of the call were the following persons: James Mathews, George Smith, John W. Taylor, John Selch, Henry Knox, John Shrockmorton, and John L. Knox. The following preachers have ministered to the church since its organization: Revs. Charles Woods, ‐‐‐‐ Asbury, Thomas Jones, J. V. R. Miller, Charles Spray, Samuel C. Kennedy and John D. Hartsock. The society belongs to the Waverly circuit, Indianapolis district, and numbers at this time about fifty members.