Baptist Church, in the northwest corner of Nineveh Township, was organized a
number of years ago, and appears to have been the outgrowth of the Primitive
and Separate Baptist churches, organizations of which denominations were
founded in the neighborhood prior to the late war. A log house of worship was built a number of years ago, in
which the old churches held services, but later, after the organization of the Missionary
branch, a frame, the one now in use, was erected. The church is reputed in good condition, and has an active
membership, among which are enrolled the names of many of the leading citizens
of the community. Among the early
pastors were Revs. Barrow and Ragsdale.
The pastor at this time is Rev. R. E. Stewart.
Banta, D.D.. History
of Johnson County, Indiana 1888 . Chicago, IL: Brant & Fuller, 1888.
Transcribed by Cheryl Zufall Parker