Edinburg Baptist Church (colored) was organized in the fall of 1881, by Rev. John R. Miller, with the following constituent members: Henry Gooden and wife, Esther Canady, Thomas E. Hill, Mrs. Hill, George Quinn, Malvina Quinn, David Beeler and wife, David Johnson and wife, Elizabeth Gooden, Letitia Lee and Elizabeth Johnson. Rev. Mr. Miller served as pastor four years, and was succeeded by Rev. Mr. Walker, who preached one year. Then came Rev. David Slaughter, the present incumbent. The building used by the church was erected a short time before the organization went into effect. It is a substantial frame edifice, and will comfortably seat a congregation of 300 persons. The membership of the church at this time, is about 100.