Lick Springs Baptist Church (Nineveh Township) was organized in the year 1836.  Among the early members were the following:  Aaron Hendricks, Merida Wilkerson, Separate Hendricks, Susan Hendricks and Nancy Handy.  The church building was erected about 1839, and rebuilt in 1850.  In the latter year there was a good membership, about 100.  Since then the number has greatly decreased, until at this time there are only about forty belonging.  The following were among the pastors of the church: Samuel Randolph, Jariah Randolph, James McQueen, Joshua McQueen, ___ Pond and Asa Dowd.

Banta, D.D.. History of Johnson County, Indiana 1888 . Chicago, IL: Brant & Fuller, 1888.
Transcribed by Cheryl Zufall Parker