Young’s Creek Church (Christian Connection).—This is an old organization, dating its history from about the year 1829 or 1830. It was founded by Elder Joseph Ashley, one of the earliest settlers on Young’s Creek, and among the first members the following names are the most familiar: Elijah Dawson and family, William Harter and wife, James Mitchell and wife, Samuel Dawson and wife, Fleming Harter and wife, Lucinda Ware, Martha Williams and members of Elder Ashley’s family. For some years meetings were held in private residences, but later a school-house about one mile north of the present building was secured for church purposes. A frame edifice a short distance north of the present house was erected about the year 1851 or 1852 and was used by the congregation until 1875. In the latter year the neat frame building in which the church now worships were erected, at a cost of $1,500. The following is a partial list of those who have served the church at different times: Elders, Joseph Ashley, Elijah Dawson, Henry White, Isaac Marshall, A. S. Downey, Peter Baker, John Carney, and the present incumbent, Rev. Mr. Threlkeld. Present membership, 100. Elders, S. T. Vandiver and John W. Abbott. Deacons, William Coy and Charles S. Legan. Trustees, W. E. Adams, Miles DeCoursey and Benjamin F. Williams. Superintendent of Sunday school, Newton Alexander.