Marshall County
Cemeteries
Sorted Alphabetically

Information about the Marshall County Cemeteries has been gleaned from resources in the Marshall County Historical Museum library including: 1872 Plat Maps, 1876 Indiana Atlas, 1880 McDonald's History (reprint), 1908 Marshall County Atlas, 1922 Marshall County Atlas, Cemetery Files, 1979 Survey of Cemeteries by Mary Durnan, Marshall Co. Cemeteries, Vol. 1 & 2 by Tombaugh, North Twp. Cemetery Findings 1995 by Martha Hollett. Some of the very old cemeteries and private family burial plots may have been missed or the exact location misidentified. Anyone with further information about the cemeteries of Marshall County is invited to contact the museum staff. Documentation that would help complete the history of our early cemeteries would be most appreciated. Information concerning the locations of unmarked graves would also be most helpful to researchers. Thank you. Judy McCollough, Historical Archives Manager, Marshall County Historical Museum.

CEMETERY ADDRESS TOWNSHIP LATITUDE
LONGITUDE
COMMENTS
Ancilla Domini or Mt Carmel Cemetery On Grounds of Ancilla Convent Donaldson, IN
at the W end of Galbraith Lake
West N41 20.182'
W86 27.003'
Sec. 6, T 33 N, R 1 E; does not appear on maps;
Argos / Maple Grove Cemetery 1550 Juniper Rd.Argos, IN 46501
SW corner of 16th & Juniper Roads
Walnut N41 14.759'
W86 13.728'
Sec 12, T 32 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1854; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Argos Memorial / Green Slope Cemetery  (Obliterated) property turned into Argos Memorial Park; E side of Michigan St., bet. South & Logan Streets Walnut No Longer There Sec. MRL 20, T 32 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1841; first burial said to be 1838; on maps of 1908 & 1922; by action of Town Board in 1945, some burials moved by private individuals to other cemeteries (mostly Maple Grove), remainder of stones removed
Bailey / Lowery Cemetery S side of 12th Road, bet. Queen & Pear Roads
Off the Road. Easy to miss coming from East
West N41 18.454'
W86 21.954'
Sec. 14, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1845; private family cemetery; does not appear on early maps
Barbour / Barber Cemetery S side of 2A Road, bet. Tamarack & Sage Roads Polk N41 26.659'
W86 25.253'
Sec. 33, T 35 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1867; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Bethel Cemetery Gumwood Rd Argos, IN 46501
E side of Gumwood Road, bet. 14th & 15th Roads
Walnut N41 16.291'
W86 10.521'
Sec. 33, T 33 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1853; church bell remains on site of former Bethel church; cemetery to the E of church lot; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Blissville Cemetery  off E side of Plymouth-LaPorte Trail, bet. 6th & 6B Roads - Off the west side of the road across from a church. You have to drive down a lane going alongside a house and the cemetery is behind the house. Polk   Sec. 21, T 34 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1841; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Bourbon IOOF Bourbon, IN 56504 South Section of this cemetery is located at the South end of Bourbon Street Bourbon N41 17.457'
W86 7.053'
Sec. 24, T 33 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1851 (some removals from early Parks / Ganshorn cemetery); land purchased by Bourbon Lodge in 1877 for $1,000; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Bourbon, Early Cemetery Lincoln Highway Bourbon, IN 46504
(N side of 12B Road in Bourbon Industrial Park)
Bourbon N41 17.795'
W86 7.477'
Sec. 24, T 33 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1839; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Bremen Cemetery a href="http://www.bremen.lib.in.us/heritage/bremcem.htm"> Bremen Public Library "> (Records posted on Bremen Public Library Website)
Bremen Cemetery Index Marshall County Historical Museum
2nd Street Bremen, IN 46506 German N41 27.344'
W86 8.162'
Sec. 26, T 35 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1832; on maps of 1872, 1800, 1908 & 1922
Bucklew / McDonald Cemetery Quince Road Culver, IN 46511
E side of Quince Road, bet. 16A & 16C Roads
Union N41 14.396'
W86 21.95'
Sec. 12, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1837; first cemetery in Union Township; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Burden Cemetery in farm field on SE corner of 12B & Juniper Roads Center destroyed; does not appear on maps; Sec. 19, T 33 N, R 3 E; family cemetery; burials 1850 - 1854
Burr Oak Cemetery 19500 14B Road Culver, IN 46511
S side of 14B Road, abt 2 mi. W of Tulip Road
Union N41 16.188'
W86 25.82'
Sec. 32, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1834; on map of 1908 only. Lots of Burkett Family buried in this cemetery
Conger Cemetery S side of 6th Road, bet. Pear & Olive Roads North Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 24, T 34 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1855; family cemetery; burials removed to Oakhill Cemetery with one stone left standing; does not appear on maps
Center-Polk Cemetery 15250 US 6 Plymouth, IN 46563
N side of U.S. 6, abt. 4 mi. E of Quince Road
Polk N41 26.918'
W86 21.819'
Sec. 25, T 35 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1852; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Center-Polk Morris Park section 15250 US 6 Plymouth, IN 46563
N side of U.S. 6, abt. 4 mi. E of Quince Road
Polk N41 26.918'
W86 21.819'
Sec. 25, T 35 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1852; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
County Farm #1 (obliterated) 160 acres in NE quarter of section, access to buildings from Rose Road     Sec. 10, T 34 N, R 1 E; early county farm located here 1862 - 1890; graves unmarked; location of records unknown
County Line / Mt Zion Cemetery Tyler & Michigan Road Lakeville, IN 46536
SE corner of Marshall & St. Joseph Co. Line Road
North N41 28.632'
W86 17.987'
Sec. MRL 4, T 35 N, R 2 E; church cemetery; earliest stone 1906; appears on maps of 1908 & 1922
Cromley Cemetery E side of Union Road, N of St. Road 110; (NOTE: Union Road is difficult to recognize as a road.) Union N41 10.866'
W86 26.381'
Sec. 32, T 32 N, R 1 E; early burials 1836-'56; began as family cemetery, later became neighborhood cemetery; located off road on a hillside; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Culver Masonic / Old Union Township Cemetery Follow Main Street south of town & it will lead you right to the cemetery. E side of Tamarack Road at the S edge of Culver Union N41 12.488'
W86 25.334'
Sec. 21, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1859; operated by trustees of Henry H. Culver Masonic Lodge; on maps of 1908 & 1922 (town maps only)
Disher / Old Parks / Ganshorn S of U.S. 30 in farm field; accessible through lane on 12B Road Bourbon Unable to Locate 2006  
Dunkard Church / Walnut Cemetery 19056 Gumwood Rd.Argos,IN 46501SE corner of 19th & Gumwood Roads Walnut N41 12.3'
W86 10.117'
Sec. 27, T 32 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1872; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Ewald / Little Egypt 5th Road jogs around south end of cemetery, a short distance E of Hawthorn German N41 24.368'
W86 12.167'
Sec. 8, T 34 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1852; heavily vandalized due to isolated location; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Fairmont / Vinnedge Cemetery Michigan Rd. North E side of Michigan Road, abt. 2 mi. N of 5th Road (Higbee Corner) Plymouth, IN 46563 North N41 24.658'
W86 18.879'
Sec. MRL 8, T 34 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1838; first burial was an unmarked grave of a child in 1834; Robert Schroeder, one of first white settlers in Marshall Co. buried here; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Foster Chapel / Sandridge Cemetery 1800 8th Rd.Bourbon, IN 46504 Bourbon N41 21.693'
W86 6.126'
Sec. 30, T 24 N, R 4 E; earliest stone 1889; 24 Civil War Veterans buried here; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Green Slope / Argos Memorial Cemetery  (Obliterated) property turned into Argos Memorial Park; E side of Michigan St., bet. South & Logan Streets Walnut No Longer There Sec. MRL 20, T 32 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1841; first burial said to be 1838; on maps of 1908 & 1922; by action of Town Board in 1945, some burials moved by private individuals to other cemeteries (mostly Maple Grove), remainder of stones removed
Greenswike Family Cemetery NW of 5th & Union Roads Polk Unable to locate 2006 Sec. 7, T 34 N, R 1 E; Jacob Greenswike family plot; earliest stone 1850 or 51; stones nearly unreadable; does not appear on maps;
E side of King Road, bet. 8A & 9th Roads Center N41 21.358'
W86 15.629'
Sec. 35, T 34 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1850, restored by Iris (Jacoby) Price between 1986 & 1988; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Jerusalem / Johnson Corner / St. Paul's Cemetery SW corner of church yard on SW corner of 9B & Cedar Roads Bourbon N41 20.4'
W86 5.712'
Sec. 6, T 33 N, R 4 E; little remains of the cemetery, perhaps 1 or 2 markers; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880 & 1922
Jordan Cemetery N side of 19th Road, bet. Maple & Linden Roads Green N41 12.279'
W86 16.688'
Sec. 22, T 32 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1852; controlled by Jordan Cemetery Association; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Lake / Stringer Cemetery E side of St. Road 17 at the curve just S of St. Joseph Hospital Center N41 20.016'
W86 19.976'
Sec. 6, T 33 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1841; first known burial 1836; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Lawson / Washington Cemetery NW corner of bend in St. Road 117, north of 20th Road Union N41 11.653'
W86 22.687'
Sec. 26, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1851; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Little Egypt / Ewald 5th Road jogs around south end of cemetery, a short distance E of Hawthorn German N41 24.368'
W86 12.167'
Sec. 8, T 34 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1852; heavily vandalized due to isolated location; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Little / McGrew / Swihart Cemetery NW corner of 20th & Gumwood Roads Walnut N41 11.409'
W86 10.229'
Sec. 28, T 32 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1854; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Logan Cemetery E side of Muckshaw Road, just S of 14C Road Green destroyed by farmer in 1977 (charges filed, light fine resulted) Sec. 33, T 33 N, R 2 E; family cemetery; earliest stone 1837; graves included that of county's first doctor
Lowery / Bailey Cemetery S side of 12th Road, bet. Queen & Pear Roads
Off the Road. Easy to miss coming from East
West N41 18.454'
W86 21.954'
Sec. 14, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1845; private family cemetery; does not appear on early maps
Maple Grove / Argos Cemetery 1550 Juniper Rd. Argos, IN 46501
SW corner of 16th & Juniper Roads
Walnut N41 14.759'
W86 13.728'
Sec 12, T 32 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1854; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Maxinkuckee IOOF (Poplar Grove 14900 State Rd. 10 Argos, IN 46501
S side of St. Road 10, bet. Pear & Pine Roads
Union N41 13.489'
W86 21.351'
Sec. 13, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1843; a portion operated by Union Twp., remainder owned by Maxinkuckee I. O. O. F. Lodge under 3 elected trustees; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
McDonald / Bucklew Cemetery Quince Road Culver, IN 46511
E side of Quince Road, bet. 16A & 16C Roads
Union N41 14.396'
W86 21.95'
Sec. 12, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1837; first cemetery in Union Township; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
McElrath E side of Queen Road, short distance N of 14th road West N41 16.826'
W86 22.411'
Sec. 26, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1835; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
McGrew / Little / Swihart Cemetery NW corner of 20th & Gumwood Roads Walnut N41 11.409'
W86 10.229'
Sec. 28, T 32 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1854; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Morris Park section of Center-Polk 15250 US 6 Plymouth, IN 46563 N side of U.S. 6, abt. 4 mi. E of Quince Road Polk N41 26.918'
W86 21.819'
Sec. 25, T 35 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1852; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Mt Carmel / Ancilla Domini Cemetery On Grounds of Ancilla Convent Donaldson, IN at the W end of Galbraith Lake West N41 20.182'
W86 27.003'
Sec. 6, T 33 N, R 1 E; does not appear on maps;
Mt. Pleasant Cemetery 5100 10th Rd. Bourbon, IN 46504
(Between Gumwood and Fir Roads)
Bourbon N41 20.006'
W86 10.047'
Sec. 3, T 33 N, R 3 E; old section - earliest stone 1837; on maps of 1880, 1908 and 1922
Mt Zion / County Line Cemetery Tyler & Michigan RoadLakeville, IN 46536 SE corner of Marshall & St. Joseph Co. Line Road North N41 28.632'
W86 17.987'
Sec. MRL 4, T 35 N, R 2 E; church cemetery; earliest stone 1906; appears on maps of 1908 & 1922
Nighthart / Nyhart Cemetery N side of 7th Road, bet. King & Jarrah Roads Center N41 22.69'
W86 15.037'
Sec. 24, T 34 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1845; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880 & 1922
Oakhill (Old) / Buck Cemetery 1226 S. Michigan St. c/o 124 N. Michigan St Plymouth, IN 46563. Center N41 19.909'
W86 18.33'
Sec. 9 & MRL Sec. 14, T 33 N, R 2 E (small part of Buck is in Sec. 8); established 1853; earliest stone 1838; Third Plymouth city cemetery, first on old Washington School grounds on Plum Street, second on Pennsylvania Railroad Station lot. Most of these were moved to Buck Cemetery; on maps of 1872, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Oakhill (New) Cemetery 1226 S. Michigan St.
c/o 124 N. Michigan St Plymouth,IN 46563.
Center N41 19.716'
W86 18.085'
 
Old Union Township / Culver Masonic Cemetery Follow Main Street south of town & it will lead you right to the cemetery. E side of Tamarack Road at the S edge of Culver Union N41 12.488'
W86 25.334'
Sec. 21, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1859; operated by trustees of Henry H. Culver Masonic Lodge; on maps of 1908 & 1922 (town maps only)
Parks Memorial Cemetery (Early Maps refer to is as the "Parks Addition to the IOOF Cemetery Bourbon, IN 56504 North Section of this cemetery is located at the South end of Bourbon Street Bourbon N41 17.457'
W86 7.053'
Sec. 24, T 33 N, R 3 #; on early maps it is referred to as the "Parks addition to the IOOF Cemetery"; earliest stone 1860 (established in 1905 but earlier dates appear due to removal of some headstones from early Parks / Ganshorn cemetery to this site); on maps of 1908 & 1922
Pisgah Cemetery W side of Muckshaw Road, bet. 13th & 14th Roads Center N41 17.238'
W86 18.445'
Sec. 29, T 33 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1836; on maps of 1872, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Poplar Grove / Maxinkuckee IOOF Cemetery 14900 State Rd. 10 Argos, IN 46501 S side of St. Road 10, bet. Pear & Pine Roads Union N41 13.489'
W86 21.351'
Sec. 13, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1843; a portion operated by Union Twp., remainder owned by Maxinkuckee I. O. O. F. Lodge under 3 elected trustees; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Phillips Family Cemetery   Bourbon Unable to Locate Burial information provided by Mrs. Maurice Phillips; does not appear on maps
Pleasant Hill Cemetery 11100 State Rd. 331 Bourbon, IN 46504
SW corner of 11th Road & St. Road 331
Bourbon N41 19.118'
W86 6.951'
Sec. 13, T 33 N, R 3 E; on map of 1922
Ramsey / Mitchell Cemetery S of 9C road, bet. Tulip & Sycamore Roads West Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 4, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1843; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Roberts Cemetery N side of 12B Road, bet. Jarrah & Juniper Roads   N41 17.988'
W86 13.854'
Sec. 24, T 33 N, R 2 E; family cemetery; earliest stone 1849; does not appear on maps
Salem Cemetery S side of 12 B Road at Hawthorn Road Center N41 18.021'
W86 11.669'
Sec. 20, T 33 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1838; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Sandridge / Foster Chapel Cemetery 1800 8th Rd. Bourbon, IN 46504 Bourbon N41 21.693'
W86 6.126'
Sec. 30, T 24 N, R 4 E; earliest stone 1889; 24 Civil War Veterans buried here; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Seltenright Cemetery NE of 4A & Maple Roads North Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 9, T 34 N, R 2 E; small family cemetery; graves were said to have been moved to Fairmount Cemetery; on map of 1880 only/td>
Shady Rest / County Farm Cemetery records of burials in County Asylum Record Book in museum library 10924 Lincoln Highway Plymouth, IN 46563 Center Destroyed(No Stones) Sec. 2, T 33 N, R 2 E;
St. Paul's Cemetery / Jerusalem / Johnson Corner SW corner of church yard on SW corner of 9B & Cedar Roads Bourbon N41 20.4'
W86 5.712'
Sec. 6, T 33 N, R 4 E; little remains of the cemetery, perhaps 1 or 2 markers; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880 & 1922
St. Michael's/Catholic Cemetery Harrison at Oak Road Plymouth, IN 46563 Center N41 20.885'
W86 19.668'
Sec. 32, T 34 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1858; on maps of 1880, 1908, 1922
Stair Cemetery N side of St. Road 110, just W of Linden Road Green Unable to locate 2006 Sec. 34, T 32 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1838; pioneer cemetery; does not appear on maps
Stringer Lake Cemetery E side of St. Road 17 at the curve just S of St. Joseph Hospital Center N41 20.016'
W86 19.976'
Sec. 6, T 33 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1841; first known burial 1836; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
Summit Chapel Cemetery N side of St. Road 10, near Birch Road Tippecanoe N41 14.764'
W86 5.135'
Sec. 5, T 33 N, R 4 E; earliest stone 1844; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Swihart / Little / McGrew Cemetery NW corner of 20th & Gumwood Roads Walnut N41 11.409'
W86 10.229'
Sec. 28, T 32 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1854; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Taber / Tabor S side of 12th Road, abt. 8 mi. W of Michigan Road Center N41 18.351'
W86 16.772'
Sec. MRL 16, T 33 N, R 2 E; family cemetery, earliest stone 1835; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Taylor Cemetery on rise at SW corner of Michigan Road & 11th Road Center Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. MRL 15, T 33 N, R 2 E; family cemetery, only two stones remain; dates 1838 - 1845, does not appear on maps
Tippecanoe Cemetery Located between the town and the river on the W side of Center St.; W side of Center St.; old - E side, new - W side of St. Road 331 N of bridge over Tippecanoe River Tippecanoe N41 13.191'
W86 6.826'
Sec. 13, T 33 N, R 3 E; & Sec. 18, T 33 N, R 4 E; earliest stone 1855; 19 Civil War Veterans buried here; owned by Tippecanoe Cemetery Association; new addition purchased in 1923; does not appear on early maps. In 1908 & 1922 maps of Old Tipp Town
Tyner Cemetery 17000 4B Rd Tyner, IN 46572
NE corner of Rose & 4 B Roads; S side of 4B Road at junction with Rose Road
Polk N41 24.716'
W86 23.827'
Sec. 10, T 34 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1859; on maps of 1872, 1800, 1908 & 1922; Tyner Cemetery Assoc. now owns land
Union Cemetery 17000 10B Road Plymouth, IN46563
northeast corner of 10B Road and State Road 17.
West N41 19.669'
W86 24.304'
Sec 10, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1859; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Union 1 Cemetery(No Known Records) Union Church Parishioners do not believe this was ever part of Union Cemetery N side of 10B Road, abt. 4 mi. E of St. Road 17 Plymouth, IN 46563 West N41 19.37'
W86 24.035'
Sec 10, T 33 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1859; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Vinnedge / Fairmont Cemetery Michigan Rd. North E side of Michigan Road, abt. 2 mi. N of 5th Road (Higbee Corner) Plymouth, IN 46563 North N41 24.658'
W86 18.879'
Sec. MRL 8, T 34 N, R 2 E; earliest stone 1838; first burial was an unmarked grave of a child in 1834; Robert Schroeder, one of first white settlers in Marshall Co. buried here; on maps of 1880, 1908 & 1922
Walnut Cemetery / Dunkard Church 19056 Gumwood Rd. Argos, IN 46501
SE corner of 19th & Gumwood Roads
Walnut N41 12.3'
W86 10.117'
Sec. 27, T 32 N, R 3 E; earliest stone 1872; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Washington / Lawson Cemetery NW corner of bend in St. Road 117, north of 20th Road Union N41 11.653'
W86 22.687'
Sec. 26, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1851; on maps of 1872, 1876, 1880, 1908 & 1922
White Family Cemetery N side of 2C Road, abt. 2 mi. E of Lilac Road North Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 33, T 35 N, R 2 E; P. A. White family cemetery; earliest stone 1871; on maps of 1908 & 1922
Zion Cemetery W side of Upas Road, abt. 4 mile S of 19B Road Union N41 11.491'
W86 26.996'
Sec. 30, T 32 N, R 1 E; earliest stone 1858; established by Zion Reformed Church in 1893; does not appear on early maps
Unknown Cemetery A S side of 7C Road, bet. Oak & Michigan Roads Center Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 29, T 34 N, R 2 E; possibly the early Catholic burial ground; on maps of 1876 beside Dist. #19 school and 1908 on the Wm. S. Doan farm
Unknown Cemetery B SE corner of 12th Road & Olive Trail Center Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 19, T 33 N, R 2 E; on maps of 1872 & 1876
Unknown Cemetery C in field abt 4 mi. W of Rose Road
bet. Railroad & Lincoln Hwy.
West Unable to Locate 2006 Sec. 34, T 34 N, R 1 E; on map of 1908 on David Foreman farm, later owned by John York on 1922 map

Back to Marshall County Page