Wilbur is located in southeastern Gregg Township nine miles northwest of Martinsville on State Road 142 at the junction of Baltimore Road and Wilbur Road.The community is of farms, rural homes, and a few small businesses. Gregg Township broken by hills in the area of Wilbur and is well watered by small streams. The size of the village has changed over the years.
In 1884 Wilbur was reported to have had a population of between 6 and 15 families, a blacksmith and a store. The largest attraction of the town at that time was the sawmill and gristmill.