Search billions of records on


Excerpts from Ghost Towns of Noble County - by T.C. Holcomb

Ege is in a rich agricultural area in Swan Township where Sections 19, 20, 29 and 30 corner. The first Parish was founded in 1853 and the first church was built in 1867.  The first church burned in 1922 and the present edifice was dedicated in 1923.The two story brick school building was abandoned, perhaps in the thirties and more recently removed entirely.The Post Office was established June 17, 1884 and named Gerand. Name was changed to EGE on October 28, 1885. Post Office was discontinued Jan. 31, 1903. Postmasters as they were appointed included:

Serapin Girardot June 17, 1884

Joseph F. Mason Jan. 13, 1888

Oliver P. Fulk Mar. 31, 3890

The Post Office was conducted in the store which stood on the Northwest corner of the intersection. The store has been closed for perhaps 30 years or more and now has been removed. Several new and modern homes are now locating in this vicinity (1978)

Return to top