Home ---> Northwest Indiana Views ---> Porter County Views: Chesterton - Miscellaneous

Porter County Views: Chesterton - Miscellaneous

Please contact the webmaster if you can provide any further identification of individuals or specific locations depicted in the following images.


TITLE: Apple orchard, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1910
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: October 2, 1911, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: Apple orchard, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1910
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: July 17, 1911, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: Billington's Lake, Chesterton, Indiana
DATE: 1907 or 1908
PUBLISHER: A. J. Schumann
POSTMARK: October 12, 1908, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: This lake is a part of the Sand Creek drainage and is located in the Sand Creek Country Club (south of East Porter Avenue and west of County Road 250 East).
 

TITLE: Billington Lake, Chesterton, Indiana
DATE: circa 1908
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: none
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: This lake is a part of the Sand Creek drainage and is located in the Sand Creek Country Club (south of East Porter Avenue and west of County Road 250 East).
 

TITLE: Collapsed building
DATE: July 23, 1914
PUBLISHER: A. W. Shook Photo
POSTMARK: September 5, 1914, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The collapsed building shown in this photograph may have been located in Valparaiso, Indiana. A. W. Shook was a photographer who was located in Chesterton.

 

TITLE: Men's Aid Show, See Trixy the Trix Elephant, Chesterton, Indiana
DATE: circa 1900
PUBLISHER: unknown
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook

 

TITLE: Along the Calumet, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1907-1910
PUBLISHER: E. G. Atkins
POSTMARK: July 14, 1910
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.

 

TITLE: Along the Calumet, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1907-1909
PUBLISHER: E. G. Atkins
POSTMARK: October 9, 1909
COLLECTION: S. Shook

REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.
 

TITLE: Scenery, Little Calumet River, Chesterton
DATE: circa 1910
PUBLISHER: P. L. Huckins, Kruxo
POSTMARK: illegible, Westville, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.

 

TITLE: A Wooded Dell, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: 1909
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: July 20, 1909, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook

 

TITLE: Along the Calumet, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: 1907 or 1908
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: August 13, 1908, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.

 

TITLE: Along the Calumet, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1907-1909
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: January 1, 1909, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.

 

TITLE: Over the Calumet, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1907-1908
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: August 13, 1908, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.

 

TITLE: Calumet River, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1910
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: none
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The genesis of the name Calumet (and Little Calumet) is unknown. The first appearance of the river's name, Gr. Kannomic R., appears in a 1793 map drawn by Amos Doolittle of Boston. LAter names used were Kenomic, Killomick, Kellimock, Kinnamick, Ko-ko-mik, Kan-no-mo-konk, Kennomikau, Callanic, Calamenk, Calmic, and Callimink.

 

TITLE: Running spring, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1907-1909
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: October 25, 1909, Chesterton, Indiana
COLLECTION: S. Shook

 

TITLE: Along Coffee Creek, Chesterton, Ind.
DATE: circa 1907-1910
PUBLISHER: Arthur E. Nickel
POSTMARK: unknown
COLLECTION: T. Cole
RE
MARK: In the early 1830s, William Thomas purchased a large tract of land. A settlement known as Coffee Creek grew up around his cabin, sawmill, and general store. In 1852, the town was platted with the name of Calumet. Later, in 1869, Calumet was incorporated and given the name Chesterton.

 

TITLE: Little girl along Coffee Creek, Chesterton, Indiana
DATE: circa 1945
PUBLISHER: unknown
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: M. Fleming
 

Home ---> Northwest Indiana Views ---> Porter County Views: Chesterton - Miscellaneous

Northwest Indiana Genealogical Society 2007 | All Rights Reserved