Home ---> Northwest Indiana Views ---> Porter County Views: Kouts - Businesses

Porter County Views: Kouts - Businesses

Please contact the webmaster if you can provide any further identification of individuals or specific locations depicted in the following images.


TITLE: Roller Mills, Kouts, Ind.
DATE: circa 1910 
PUBLISHER: C.R. Childs (#ml-21-kir) 
POSTMARK: none
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: Also known as the Anderson Roller Mill. The mill was purchased by Matt Heinhold in 1937 and later converted into an elevator.

 

TITLE: August Hofferth cement plant
DATE: circa 1910
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: Kosanke's Store. Ed Kosanke on far left and Ewalt Kosanke on far right.
DATE: circa 1920-1930 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: Kouts Elevator with Charles Ray, proprietor.
DATE: circa 1920 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: The Leader and Liberty Cafe. The first brick business building in Kouts was built in 1893 by Barney Kouts who rented it to Massey and Freeman. It was then leased to H. V. Deopker and the store was known as The Leader.
DATE: circa 1905-1914 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: The Liberty Cafe, John E. Ketchmark, proprietor.
DATE: circa 1915-1920 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: Goodpasture's Barber Shop.
DATE: unknown 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK:  not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: Herman Rosenbaum Store. Left to right: Oscar Kroll, Fred Rosenbaum, and Bill Rosenbaum
DATE: circa 1905-1920 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: The Hiatt Building (built by Jim O'Brien). Proprietor, Floyd Nichols.
DATE: circa 1914-1917 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
 

TITLE: The Potter Building, James Nichols, Proprietor
DATE: circa 1909-1916 
PUBLISHER: Kouts Centennial, 1865-1965
POSTMARK: not applicable
COLLECTION: S. Shook
REMARK: The Potter Building operated as a billiard hall, candy store, and cigar shop between 1908 and 1916.
 

Home ---> Northwest Indiana Views ---> Porter County Views: Kouts - Businesses

Northwest Indiana Genealogical Society 2007 | All Rights Reserved