Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

Aubrey L. Robb, 4, of Mt. Vernon passed away Friday, January 4, 2013.

 

(She was bon 18 Oct 2008.)

 

She was preceded in death by her mother who perished in the fire with her; and her uncle, Vincent Meriweather.

 

She is survived by father, Mario Meriweather; grandparents, Billy and Lana Robb, Junie Stewart and Theresa Meriweather (Cecil Howard); brothers, Ameron Mario Hellenberg and Bradon Meriweather; sister, Autumn Givens; aunts, Julie Robb, Sandra Lemon, Dawnerice Osbourne, Natasha Meriweather, Shay Waller; uncles, Billy Robb, Jr., Dennis Robb; Tyrone Meriweather, Allen Waller; cousins.

 

Funeral services will be held at 11:00 am Monday, January 7, 2013 at Schneider Funeral Home in Mt. Vernon with burial to follow in Black Cemetery.

 

Visitation will be from 9am until 11am on Monday at the funeral home.

==========================================================================

House fire claims the life of three

By Sara Manifold, Community Editor

Friday, January 4, 2013 at 4:47 pm (Updated: January 4, 4:54 pm)

A woman and two children were killed when their Mount Vernon home caught fire early Thursday morning.

 

A utility worker surveys the house located at 1129 Mulberry Street Friday morning, hours after a house fire claimed the life of three people.

Firefighters were dispatch to the house, located at 1129 Mulberry Street, at 12:24 a.m.

Mount Vernon Fire Chief Wes Dixon said when firefighters arrived, the first floor of the home was heavy with fire and was extending up the stairwell.

Dixon said Black Township Fire was called in to help gain entry into the home.

According to Dixon, eight people were in the house at the time of the fire.

Three people, Amanda Robb, 28, her daughter, Aubrey Robb, 5, and Bailey Robb, 15, never made it out of the house.

Dixon said the three victims were trapped in an upstairs bedroom.

One man escaped from the blaze from a second floor window and jumped onto a porch roof, then to the ground, said Dixon. Another man in a bedroom on the first floor was rescued by firefighters. Both men were taken to the hospital. The other three people in the house made it out without injuries either through windows or doors, Dixon said.

Dixon said the fire is still being investigated, however, he said the state fire marshal believes the fire was accidental,