Search billions of records on Ancestry.com

 

 

DAVID, SUSAN AND NATALIE BLAKE

 

Jan 21, 1982

3 found dead in home at Wadesville

Three people, spending several days at a Wadesville home, were found dead Monday, the apparent victims of asphyxiation or carbon monoxide from a gas heater.

 

The victims were David Blake and his wife, Susan, both 23, and a daughter of the couple, Natalie, 2.  They were all in a bedroom at the home of Mildred Blake an aunt of David.  Miss Blake had been hospitalized in recent weeks and (was) not at the home.

 

The three victims were found by Blake's father, Charlie, general manager at radio station WIKY in Evansville.  David had been working for the radio station and when he failed to report to work, his father went to the Wadesville home to investigate.  He had to break into a locked rear door when he arrived Monday afternoon.

 

Posey County Coroner Dr. David Julian said the heater was found still burning.  State Police, Posey County Sheriff personnel and emergency medical technicians from Poseyville responded to the home.

 

The last contact anyone recalled with the three members of the family was late Saturday.  (Date of death given as 17 Jan 1982)

 

Autopsy results released Tuesday indicated the deaths were the cause of lack of oxygen in the bedroom as well as a clogged chimney.  Death was reported as late Saturday night or early Sunday morning.

 

Funeral services for the family were 10 a.m. today at the Werry Funeral Home.Chapel in New Harmony with burial in Mt. Pleasant Cemetery,

 

David Blake is survived by his parents, Mr. and Mrs. Charles Blake of Evansville; a sister, Terry, Evansville, Three brothers, Drew and Scott of Evansville and Steve of Dallas, Texas.

 

Sue Blake is survived by her parents, Mr. and Mrs. Herb Heydorn of LeGrange, Ill; two brothers and a sister of LeGrange, Ill., Alan, Kent and Heidi, and two grandmothers, Natalie Kristin, the couple's daughter was two.

*old obit file

 

(Note:  Mother and baby were buried in one casket.)

 

--------------------------------------------

Originally submitted by Betty Sellers