Vermillion County Indiana Genealogy
Will of Anna RANSOMSubmitted by: Carolyn Schwab
Newport, Vermillion Co, IN
Book 2 - Pages 36, 37, 38 - Year 1849
Will of ANNA RANSOM, of Vermillion Co., IN
Date of Will - January 24, 1849
1. To SALAH TEMPLE and wife - All my interest in a certain mortgage which SALAH TEMPLE executed to my deceased husband on April 8, 1841 for $300 due May 1, 1844 - Land upon which SALAH TEMPLE now resides. Upon death of SALAH TEMPLE and wife - all interest to GEORGE W. TEMPLE and heirs.
2. My carriage and harness to SALAH TEMPLE and wife. Upon death to form part of my estate
3. To ANNA TEMPLE, daughter of SALAH TEMPLE - $50
4. I want GEORGE W. TEMPLE to have privilege of purchasing my lands
NE 1/4 SW 1/4 Sec 35 T 16 R 10 W
SE 1/4 SW 1/4 Sec 35 T 16 R 10 W
NW 1/4 SW 1/4 Sec 35 T 16 R 10 W
30 acres on E side SE 1/4 Sec 8 T 15 N R 10 W
For sum of $800 - must pay by January 1, 1860 - If GEORGE W. TEMPLE has not paid $400 by January 1, 1855, then his privilege will cease. All moneys paid before then shall be refunded without interest. He shall be allowed for all improvements he has made.
5. In the event GEORGE W. TEMPLE does not comply, the land is to be sold by executor and divided as follows:
$200 - to Preachers Aid Society of New England Conference
Residue - Treasurer of Missionary Society of M.E. Church
6. I appoint MELVIN P. LOWRY of Vermillion County, executor
DANIEL A. JONES
Witness statement - July 22, 1858
Date recorded - July 22, 1858
|Copyright ©1996-2015 INGenWeb Project
Material that is copyrighted by others appears with permission, or is used under the provisions of fair use.
The copyrights of any contributor's material remain with the contributor.