INDEX
 

Carlow County - Ireland Genealogical Projects (IGP TM)


Aghade School

Tullow


Image from Buildings of Ireland
c.1999

A symmetrical composition of six bays and a single storey with a square block in the centre which is higher than the rest. The centre has a granite front with a blank arch containing a granite plaque which has no inscription. The walls are all rough cast and the windows have been altered. The roof is hipped and slated while the central roof is pyramidal and has flanking, granite ashlar stacks. The school dates from circa 1830.
Source: Carlow Protected Structures

The information on this web site is for personal use only, and under no circumstances is it to be used/copied for commercial purposes by Professional Researchers. Neither can it be used for the purpose of gain from any person and/or organisation.
2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects, IGP TM By Pre-emptive Copyright - All rights reserved

TOP