- Carlow Rovers A.F.C, 1929, home ground Oak Park cricket
- Seated players M. Nolan, W. Scanlon, D. Haydon, J. Quigley, J,
Welby, P. Shaw. Standing: A. Burns, W. Redmond, J. Keafy, E. Wall, H.
Alcock, M. Byrne (?), P. Foley.
- Remember the team? ... This is the Carlow Rovers Soccer
Club team of 1935-36.
- Back: Paddy Haughney; Ned Kelly; Jack Scully Bertie Seymore; Crock
Nolan; Tom Doyle.
- Front: ..... Burke; Christy Byrne; Phil Seymore; Michael Kelly;
- This photo was printed in the Carlow Nationalist in 1985 it is
showing the Carlow Rovers Soccer team of 1935-36. My father Melvin
(Philip) Seymour is the Blond lad sitting behind the ball and my
Grandfather shown as Philip Seymour in the picture is behind my father
and a great Uncle shown in the picture with no first name is in the
back row, my great Uncles name was 'Bertie'. It is my understanding
they lived on the Dublin road at the time. Posted by Tony Seymour
living in England but known to a few in Graigue and Carlow and New
York and beyond!
- Source: Tony Seymore Facebook
- Barrow Rovers date 1970's?? taken in Athy
- In this photo: Tom Hennessy, Sean McDonald, Diarmuid O'Byle,
Diarmuid O'Boyle, Dinty Byrne, Eamonn Fitzpatrick, Westy Walsh, Paddy
Farrell, Charlie O'Connor, Paddy Farrell, Teddy Fennell, Tom Farrell, J.
J. Farrell, Frank Byrne.
- Source: Facebook
- Barrow Rovers F.C. - Winners McCalmont Cup 1964
- Back Row (L to R.) Brian Doyle, Enda Smyth, Roy Penny, Paul
Donaghy, Har Donnelly, Gerry Ruth, Willie Purcell.
- Front Row (L to R.) Dermot O'Boyle, Mickey Brennan, Victor
Noctor, Dom Kinsella, Tom Hennessy.
- Source Carlow Now & Then Spring /
- 1973 Winners of Midland Area F.A.I. Junior Cup,
Cup, Leinster Junior League Div I.
- Front: 1 to r: Danny Doogue, Willie Brennan, Ted
Fennell, John Joe Farrell Capt, Ben Dowling, Paddy Kenna, Noel Salter.
- Back: Mick Lawlor, Tommy Moore, Garry Hearns, Pat
Moran, Paddy Kelly, Martin Culleton.
Parish of KILLESHIN, Graiguecullen'. by P.MacSuibhne. 1972
Footnote from Peter Walker c2008:
I remember Babby Walker as Babby Ayres, her husband was my uncle
Ned Walker. They lived on the Maryborough Road in Graiguecullen. I have
discovered that his Grandfather was Tom Walker who was married to a
Haughney. Do any Haughney's know of her family? I lived on Pollerton Road
a few houses from Ned Haughney who owned the Coal yard near the Guy
Brennan's Forge and never knew we might have been related. Garry has passed away R.I.P. I went to the "Tech" with Noel Salter,
John Joe Farrell works in Hydrohoist on O'Brien road.