- Ducketts Grove
Captain Steuart James Charles Duckett
portrait of Captain C. Duckett Steuart who was the first Captain of
Carlow Golf Club. He served in that office in the years 1899-1900. He
was a member of the Duckett Steuart family of Duckett's Grove House near
Carlow. At that time it was known as the Leinster Golf Club.
Charles Duckett was born on 10 October 1847. He was the son of William
Duckett and Harriet Isabella Anne Gordon. He married Catherine Seton
Dick-Lauder, daughter of Sir John Dick-Lauder of Fountainhall, 8th Bt.
and Lady Anne Dalrymple, on 2 August 1871. He died in 1915.1
Charles Duckett gained the rank of Lieutenant in the service of the 13th
Hussars. He held the office of High Sheriff of County Carlow in 1873. He
held the office of Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for County Carlow. He
held the office of Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of County Carlow. He lived
at Russellstown Park, County Carlow, Ireland.
Steuart James Charles Duckett and Catherine Seton Dick-Lauder
- 1.Amy Anne Charlotte Duckett
- 2.John Steuart Duckett b. 10 Jun
William Duckett was
born on 14 April 1822.1 He was the son of John Dawson Duckett and Sarah
Summers Hutchinson. He married, firstly, Anna Maria Morony, daughter of
Thomas Harris Morony, on 16 January 1868. He married, secondly, Marie
Georgina Gordon-Cumming, daughter of Captain Robert Gordon-Cumming, on
19 November 1895. He died on 22 June 1908 at age 86, without issue.
held the office of High Sheriff of County Carlow in 1854.1 He held the
office of Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for County Carlow. He held the
office of Justice of the Peace (J.P.) for County Kildare. He held the
office of Deputy Lieutenant (D.L.) of County Carlow. He held the office
of High Sheriff of Queen's County in 1881. His last will was dated 29
February 1904. He lived at Newtown, County Kildare, Ireland. He lived in
1907 at Duckett's Grove, County Carlow, Ireland.
- The information contained in these
pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with others
researching their ancestors in Ireland.
- © 2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects,