- Remember these are newspaper dates not necessarily the
day of Marriage. But it does give you a clue when to go
- 18th August 1849
- On Wednesday, the 15th instant, at Portstewart Church,
by the Rev. S. Gwynn, Rector of Agherton, John Partington
Gray, Esq., M.D., of Tomlin, in the County of Kildare, to
Harriet,daughter of the late Benedict Hamilton, Esq., of
- 19th February 1859
- At Christ Church, Hawthorne, January 18, by the Rev. W.
Wood, Mr. John Lithgow, of Yering, formerly of Coleraine,
County Derry, Ireland, to Mary Ann, eldest daughter of Mr.
Denis Rourke, of County Carlow, Ireland.
- 4th October 1862
- At Castlewellan Church, on the 1st inst., by the Right
Rev. the Lord Bishop of Down,assisted by the Rev. R.P.
Young, Incumbent of Castlewellan, Vesey Edmund Knox,
Esq.,52nd Light Infantry, eldest son of the late Rev. Edmund
Francis Knox, and grandson of the Hon. Vestry Knox, of
Dungannon, to Margaret Clarissa, second daughter of the Rev.
J.P.Garret, Kellistown Rectory, County Carlow.
- 4th July 1863
- At St. Bride's Church, Liverpool, on the 24th ult., by
the Rev. J.L. McDonald, John Gailey, Esq., merchant,
Liverpool, to Jeanette, eldest daughter of Thomas Little,
Esq., Liverpool, formerly of Spahill, County Carlow,
- 13th April 1867
- At the Presbyterian Church, Templepatrick, on the 10th
inst., by the Rev. J.M. Hamilton,Dublin, assisted by the
Rev. Hugh Hamilton and the Rev. R. Park, the Rev. R.S.
Coffey,Carlow, to Mary, only daughter of the late Hugh
McCurdy Hamilton, Esq., Ballymoney.
- Transcriptions were sent in by