BACK

 

Carlow County - Ireland Genealogical Projects (IGP TM)


Killinane House

Carlow


 
Killinane House Map 1850
 
Killinane House

Killinane House, County Carlow

Date 1760 - 1780

Description

Detached five-bay two-storey double-pile house, c. 1765, with pedimented tripartite door opening, flanking bows, bowed ends to front pile and gable ends to pile to rear. Refenestrated, c. 1995. Interior retains open-well timber staircase and early fittings, c. 1765.

Map from the OSi Mapviewer & National Inventory of Architectural Heritage


Thomas Brennan born1795-in Killinane, Co. Carlow, Ireland; died in Rossville, Iowa 1893
Source: http://www.oocities.org/capitolhill/1332/thosmary.html.

KILLINANE

From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837

KILLINANE, a parish, partly in the barony of IDRONE EAST, but chiefly in that of IDRONE WEST, county of CARLOW, and province of LEINSTER, l mile (S. W.) from Bagnalstown, on the road from Gowran to Carlow: containing 899 inhabitants. Killinane House is the residence of Groome, Esq., and Malcolmville, of Captain Mulhallen; the latter is situated on rising ground above the Barrow, and commands extensive views. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Leighlin, forming the corps of the chancellorship, and in the gift of the Bishop: the tithes amount to 270. This parish is annexed, under the provisions of the act of the 4th of George IV., c. 86, to the parish of Wells, and the inhabitants enjoy all the rights of its church, as if they were parishioners. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Old Leighlin. The old church is in ruins.

Source: http://www.libraryireland.com/topog/K/Killinane-Idrone-West-Carlow.php


[ Killinane House ] [ Killinane Church ] [ Killinane Graveyard ]
The information contained in these pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with others researching their ancestors in Ireland.
2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects, IGP TM By Pre-emptive Copyright - All rights reserved

TOP