- Knockaunnarelic Graveyard is located in Pollerton Big
on the right hans side of the main road from Carlow town to Palintine and is on the north
side of the Pollerton Demesne.
Originally the bodies were buried in a
graveyard on the Barry Track at the end of
Street This was known as The "Cholera Pit" and was
disturbed in 1860 to make way for the build of the Carlow Gas Works.
There is a right-of-way alongside a new
building to that Burial ground in Pollerton Little. Carlow. The
property belongs to Mr. Joe Callinan a native of Graiguecullen, a
retired Councillor and former Mayor of London Borough of Lambeth,
lives on the ground leading to Knockaunnarelic (the Hill of the
About 25 years ago members of Carlow County
Heritage Society undertook a clean-up of the area and removed 3
large skips of rubbish and overgrowth from the site.
Source: Michael Purcell.