This Lease dated 9th February 1929.
Lease made between Robert Clayton-Browne-Clayton of Browneshill, Carlow,
Retried General in His Majesty's Army and Patrick Harte of Maryborough
Street, Graiguecullen, Shopkeeper. in consideration of the surrender of
an existing lease dated 1905 made between John Butler Robinson and Ruth
Spearing whose interest is now held by Robert Clayton Browne Clayton of
the one part and Patrick Brophy of the other part.
The house and garden and premises formerly in the occupation of the late
William Curran on Castlecomer Road, Graiguecullen, parish of Killeshin,
Barony of Slievmargy borough of Carlow and Queens County. Paying rent of
£5 in half yearly payments in March and September in every year for
ninety nine years. The buildings to be insured against fire with the
North British and Mercantile Insurance Company for the sum of £400.
Witnessed by H. Herring Cooper, 41 Dublin Street, Carlow, Land Agent and
Ita Tynan. Paul A. Brown, Burrin Place, Burrin Street,
Carlow., Solicitor and Andrew Branagan.
Military career recorded in Lease transactions.
The Brennan's Forge Lease dated 1914 was from Major Robert
Browne-Clayton, the 1919 Lease for Wall's Forge was from Colonel Robert
The above 1929 Lease is from Retired General Robert
Clayton-Browne-Clayton.The Browne family owned property in or were
ground-landlords for much of Graiguecullen and Sleaty area from 1700 to
- The above is a true and
accurate transcript of the original document.
- This document
Michael Purcell c.2009
Please report any links or images which do not open to
- The information contained in these
pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with others
researching their ancestors in Ireland.
- © 2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects,
IGP TM By
Pre-emptive Copyright - All rights reserved
TOP OF PAGE