Bill Purcell 1922.
New Carlow Business (Feb. 1922).
As can be seen in our advertising
columns Mr William Purcell, late foreman at the Shamrock
Works in Carlow has now opened a business of his own at
86 Tullow Street, Carlow. Mr Purcell was over 30 years
foreman with Mr Doyle of the Shamrock Works and this
experience coupled with good business ability and
intelligence should gain him a large clientele.
- Business Notice.
- Traps, Cars and Wheels, etc.
- Wm. Purcell late Foreman, Shamrock Works, begs
to intimate to his Friends and the Public that he
has OPENED A FACTORY AT 86 TULLOW STREET, CARLOW.
- For the Building of All Classes of Traps, Carts,
- Also Window Sashes, Doors, and Coffins Mounted
and Finished in best style.
- Agent for the Leading Rubber Tyre Manufacturers,
- In the same column another advertisement by
a former Doyle's employee Bill Fleming who had
lost an arm as a result of an accident in
Doyle's Shamrock Works, in later years he
operated a garage on Barrack Street.
- Coach and Wheel Works, Shamrock
- Cheapest in the Trade for Carts,
Wheels, Traps, Painting and Repairs
William Purcell was
grandfather of J.J. Woods, a regular and
generous contributor to this Carlow website.
Jean Casey, November 2009 from Pat Purcell
Papers newspaper cuttings in scrapbook.
- The information contained in these
pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with
others researching their ancestors in Ireland.
© 2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects,
IGP TM By
Pre-emptive Copyright - All rights reserved
TOP OF PAGE