Rental detail of 84 cottages in Graigue owned by Major
Robert Clayton-Browne-Clayton of Brownes Hill in 1901.
27 slated cottages in Church Street and Chapel Street,
Graigue. Subject to head rent of 25 Pounds Sterling per
12 slated cottages situated in Church Street and Chapel
Street, Graigue. Subject to head rent of 16 Pounds Sterling
21 newly built granite and slated cottages, situated in
Henry Street bounded on the East by Maryborough Street,
(known as Wilson's property) on the West by Chapel Street,
on the South by Henry Street, and on the North by a house in
possession of John Timmon. Ground Rent of 7 Pounds Sterling
collected by John Domville Robinson and Ruth Spearing.
Producing estimated 65 Pounds Sterling per annum.
12 slated cottages on the South side of King Street (now
called '98 Street by some inhabitants) with large walled in
garden 112 x 30 feet. Subject to head rent of 34 Pounds
Sterling per annum. 5 straw-thatched cottages which are at
All slated cottages are let to good tenants who pay their
rent regularly and are in many instances comparatively new,
they will not require any outlay. 4 slated cottages and one
Public House in Marybourogh Street do not form part of this
report. The rental being produced for Mrs C.
All the property is let under a Lease for the lives of
the Duke of Edinburgh, the Duke of Connaught and Prince
Rental income total 140 Pounds Sterling combined with the
Carlow town properties held by Major Clayton-Browne-Clayton
the full rental income is estimated at 440 Pounds Sterling
- Brigadier General Robert Clayton-Browne-Clayton
- Brigadier-General DSO. GOC
- Infantry Brigade
- Wellington College Militia
- South Irish Horse.
The above is a true and
accurate transcript of the original document.