Leitrim Boy was the second regimental pet. He
was whelped on November 12th, 1907, bred by Mr.
O'Malley, by Galtee Boy out of Carlow Norah. He
was registered with the Kennel Club by his
owner, Mr. T.J. Kilbride, with the incorrect
information that his sire was Galtee and
unregistered. In June, 1911 he was transferred
from Mr. T.J. Kilbride to Mr. T. Kilbride and
then in December, 1911 he was transferred from
Mr. T. Kilbride to Lord Powerscourt. This may
seem a little odd since he was presented to the
Irish Guards by Lord Powerscourt in 1910,
following his gaining of a second place in the
Graduate Class and a third in the Limit Class at
the Dublin Show in May that year.