BACK

Carlow County - Ireland Genealogical Projects (IGP TM)


Staplestown House

Carlow


Staplestown House

Staplestown House at present occupied by Mr. Lawlor did not exist in Dineley's day. This house was built by Mr. Fishbourne and later inhabited by Malcomson and then by John Whelan, Esq., whence it came into the possession of its present owner, Mr. Lawlor.

A Map of the County of Carlow. By W. Allen, 1798. Staplestown House & Lodge
Staplestown House

Staplestown Lodge

The Turrets were replaced by Staplestown Lodge, occupied by Mrs. Ireland up to a recent date, and now owned by Mr. O'Neill. The house is of Elizabethan style and built of granite, which is plentiful in the district. The house has probably been reconstructed and renovated since that time. It was originally occupied by a Mr. Henry Watters, J.P., also of Lincolnís Inn. He is probably the Mr. Watters who once owned the mill close by.


Source of House Image: http://www.buildingsofireland.ie/


The information contained in these pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with others researching their ancestors in Ireland.
© 2001 County Carlow Genealogy IGP

TOP