Carlow County - Ireland Genealogical Projects (IGP TM)
Tullow - Images
- Elevation and Plan of the New Bridge at Tullow by Charles G. Forth. C.E. over the River Slaney
Eamon de Valera in Tullow
- View of Tullow Bridge
The Slaney at Ouragh Road south east of Tullow Town.
The Square and Fr. Murphy monument Tullow, Co Carlow.
This is Tullow, taken from just outside Phil McCabes butchers shop on the left. taken from the bridge looking up to the square
- Arch gateway at St. Columbia's Church Tullow St Columba's Church of Ireland was erected in the year 1830-1831. It was the third of three church buildings to stand on this site in Church Street, Tullow. A vestry was built in 1861. Renovations were carried out in 1893. This view shows the arch gateway entrance.
- Source: Carlow County Library website
Tullow Museum is located on Bridge Street, Tullow, and is run voluntarily by Tullowphelim Historical Society. It contains a wide range of historical items such as the personal effects of Carlow-born world famous Antarctic explorer Sir Ernest Shackleton. There are also personal items of the Irish patriot Fr. John Murphy of Boulavogue who was one of the leaders of the 1798 rebellion and executed in Tullow town centre. Other items include photographs, journals and much more from Tullow's history.
Website link - Old and New Photographs around the Tullow Area
Please report any links or images which do not open to firstname.lastname@example.org
- The information contained in these pages is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with others researching their ancestors in Ireland.
- © 2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects, IGP TM By Pre-emptive Copyright - All rights reserved