|TOWN OF CARLOW.
To Contractors, Capitalists &
Freehold Property for Sale.
SUBSCRIBER has receiver instructions from the Grand
Jury of the County of Carlow to Sell by
ON THE PREMISES
on Tuesday, 9th, February, 1897
At 1.00 oíclock
The Extensive and Valuable Premises known as
THE OLD GAOL,
which will be offered in ONE LOT, and consists
Governorís four-storied dwelling house, containing
board-room, governorís office, parlour, prison chapel, 8 bedrooms, 2
kitchens, sculleries, pantries, and w.c. Matronís two-storied
Dwelling house, with suitable apartments. Female prison of 30 cells,
wash-house, stables, coach-house, straw house, male and female hospital (2
stories), convalescent ward (2 stories), convict prison (3 stories),
containing 34 cells, all fitted with double wrought iron doors, spring
bolts and locks, tread mill and three throw pumps, house of correction (2
stories) for, male and female prisoners, untried prisoners apartments (2
stories) for male and female prisoners, 2 gatekeepers apartments (2
stories). The Lot stands upon 2 statute acres, and is completely
surrounded by a twenty-foot wall, built of limestone and coped with
granite, in which is a magnificent cut granite gate entrance. All cells
and buildings are floored with granite or flags, except coach-house and
stables. This lot includes a fine walled-in garden of about half an acre.
The Lot is held Free of Rent forever. Immediate possession will be given.
For further particulars apply to:
Messrs CHARLES THORP & SON,
to ROBERT BELL Auctioneer, Carlow
- Carlow Library
- The information contained within
the pages of this web site is provided solely for the purpose of sharing with others
researching their ancestors in Ireland.
- © 2001 Ireland Genealogy Projects,
IGP TM By Pre-emptive Copyright - All rights reserved