In the 18th century County Kilkenny
consisted of the following baronies: Galmoy, Lower Ossory, Fassadinig, Cranagh,
Shellilogher, Gowran, Kells, Knocktopher, Ida, Igrin, Iverk and Ibercon. It additionally included the
Liberties of Kilkenny and of Callan. In Pender's 1659 'census' of Ireland he gives the names of the baronies which would
be united into the barony of Ida as Ida, Igram & Iberson.
By the 19th century
these were restructured into the baronies of Callan, Crannagh, Fassadinin, Galmoy, Gowran,
Ida, Iverk, Kells, Knocktopher, Shillelogher.