Corcoran Families Identified in the Huddersfield England Census Records, Possible Origins in Ireland and Links Between the Census Years.
The Surname Corcoran as well as numerous variations such as Corkran, Corkeran, , Corchrane are scattered throughout the different districts of the Huddersfield England Census Records. The vast majority of these Corcoran families are documented as being born in Ireland. Some of the later census years begin giving counties of birth. It is my objective in this section to analyze the various Corcoran Families found in the Huddersfield Civil Parish, Yorkshire England Census records between 1841 and 1911 to look for possible origins and connections between the lines. This is a work in progress and will be added to as I work my way through the census records.
I am in the process of identifying all Irish Surnames documented in the 1851 Huddersfield Civil Parish, Huddersfield Sub Registration District, Districts 1-39 in My Irish-England section. Ancestry.com has three subregistration districts for Huddersfield Civil Parish: Huddersfield, Lockwood and Slaithwaite. I will pull the Corcorans identified in these districts and add them to this compilation.
I have completed my search of the 1871 Huddersfield Civil Parish, Huddersfield Sub Registration Districts 1-36 for the Corcoran surname and all possible variations and will beginning the 1881 census records shortly. I am going to try to connect these families over the census years. Keep in mind that the connections I draw are what appear to me to be the same family and need to be further analyzed to make sure the conclusion is correct (hopefully with supporting evidence such as GRO marriage records and baptismal records). They are something to build upon and prove. I would welcome all feedback on this effort. Only through input from other Corcorans will we find how we might all be related.
I have created pages on the following Corcoran Families in the Huddersfield census records (a work in progress):
- The Martin Brennan and Catherine Corcoran Family of Huddersfield England: An analysis of their Migration from Ireland to Huddersfield England to South Bend, Indiana
- The Timothy and Bridget Corcoran Family of Huddersfield England: An Analysis of their Possible Migration from Roscommon, Ireland to Huddersfield England
- The Thomas and Margaret Corkeran (Cocran, Cochrane) Family of Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England: An Analysis of their Possible Migration from Roscommon, Ireland to Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England
- The Michael and Martha Corcoran Family of Huddersfield England: An Analysis of their Huddersfield England Census Records and Possible Origins
- The Thomas William Corcoran and Eliza Crowther Family of Huddersfield, Yorkshire, England and his Second Marriage to Fanny Camplejohn of Bramley, Leeds, Yorkshire: An Analysis of their Families Development in the Yorkshire, England Census and Other Records
- The Patrick Corcoran and Mary Shaw Family of Huddersfield England: An Analysis of this Family in Huddersfield, Patrick's Origins in Ireland and Beyond
|Corcorans-1841||Corcorans-1851||Corcorans- 1861||Corcorans- 1871|
|Corcorans- 1881||Corcorans- 1891||Corcorans- 1901||Corcorans- 1911|