The Ha'penny Bridge Over the River Liffey in Dublin, Ireland
The Ha'penny Bridge, a cast iron structure was erected in 1816. It is sometimes referred to as the Liffey Bridge, but it is more commonly known as the Ha'penny Bridge after the half penny that was charged until 1919 to cross it. A half penny was the same fare that was charged to take the ferry across the Liffey before the bridge provided an alternative means of crossing. The River Liffey divides the town of Dublin in half with a northern and southern section and the Ha'penny Bridge allows pedestrians to cross. There is a great online compilation titled "Project History of Dublin's River Liffey Bridges" by M Phillips and A Hamilton that provides a detailed history of the various bridges that were constructed over the River Liffey over the years.