Areas of Co. Sligo transferred to Co. Mayo
to facilitate the Local Government Act, 1898

For Poor Law purposes the electoral divisions of Ardnaree North, ArdnareeSouth and Ardnaree South (urban) formed part of the Union of Ballina,although in the county of Sligo. To facilitate the operation of the LocalGovernment Act, 1898, this area, comprising the Parish of Kilmoremoy andseven townlands in neighboring Castleconnor was transferred to County Mayo.


    Parish of Castleconnor:
  • Ardvally
  • Bellanira or Iceford
  • Castleconnor
  • Dooyeaghny or Cloonloughan
  • Farrangarode
  • Lugnamannow
  • Rathdonnell


      Parish of Kilmoremoy:
    • Abbeyhalfquarter


        Town of Ardnaree: Abbey Street, Chapel-Street, Church-Street
      • Ardnaree
      • Ballyholan
      • Behy Beg
      • Behy More
      • Breaghwy
      • Bunree
      • Carrowcushlaun
      • Carrowcushlawn West
      • Cloonslaun
      • Corimla North
      • Corimla South
      • Farranmorgan
      • Glebe
      • Knocknalyre or Downhill
      • Mullauns
      • Quignalecka
      • Village or Crockerstown
      • Quignalegan
      • Quignamanger
      • Quignashee
      • Rathkip
      • Rathmeel
      • Tideway

Contributor: Jim McDonald culrua@iol.ie
Source: McTernan, J.C. (2000) 'Milestones & Memories. Sligo County CouncilRecord 1899 - 1999'. Sligo: Sligo County Council (Foreword: Cllr. RoddyMcGuinn, Chairman of the Council. Introduction: Mr. Hubert Kearns, CountyManager )