Landowners in Co. Westmeath, circa 1870s
Contributed by Jean Rice
The following individuals owned one acre or more of land in Co. Westmeath, Ireland, the
latter part of the 1870s. Of course, many more Irish owned less or none at all, and their names
would not appear on this list. Some owned property in Co. Westmeath but lived elsewhere.
Surname:Pearson, Perry, Peter, Pidgeon, Pigott, Pilkington, Plant, Porter, Potterton,
Potts, Pratt, Price, Priday, Purdon, Quinn, Rafferty, Reddy, Reid, Reill, Reilly, Rennison,
Reynell, Riggs, Robins, Robinson, Rochfort, Rochfort-Boyd, Ronayne, Roper, Ross, Rotheram,
Rotton, Rourke, Rowe, Russell, Ryan, Rynd, Fetherston, Nugent, Winter, Boyd, Stewart, Kincaid,
Hudson, Pelly, Roe
1. Mrs. Pearson, address Fairview, Dublin, owned 32 acres.
2. William Perry, Rep. of, address Ballinagore, Mullingar, owned 244 acres.
3. Chatford H. Peter, address Slough, England, owned 114 acres.
4. William Pigeon, address Athlone, owned 3 acres.
5. Capt. William Pigott, no address given, owned 545 acres.
6. Henry M. Pilkington, address Tore, Tyrrellspass, owned 1,683 acres.
7. William Pilkington, address Kilbride, Rochfort-bridge, owned 376 acres.
8. John Plant, address Kilfaughney, owned 32 acres.
9. Patrick Plant, same address, owned 47 acres.
10. George F. Porter, address Leitrim-place, Wicklow, owned 94 acres.
11. Mrs. Mary Anne Porter, same address, owned 292 acres.
12. Richard B. Porter, address Belvue, Douglas, Co. Cork, owned 109 acres.
13. John Potterton, address Clerkstown, Agar, Enfield, owned 550 acres.
14. H. T. Potts, address Ballinasloe, owned 180 acres.
15. William Potts, address Athlone, owned 299 acres.
16. W. T. Potts, address Ballinasloe, owned 144 acres.
17. Pratt, Mrs. Isdell, Agent, Edward Fetherston H., address 20, Clare-street, Dublin, owned 161 acres.
18. William Price, address Castlepollard, owned 106 acres.
19. James Priday, address Glasson, owned 15 acres.
20. George Nugent Purdon, address Lisnabin, Killucan, owned 1,063 acres.
21. Wellington Purdon, address Joristown, Killucan, owned 1,275 acres.
22. James Quinn, address Moygrehan, Lower, Clonmellon, owned 23 acres.
23. Thomas Quinn, address Kilbeggan, owned 14 acres.
24. Francis Rafferty, address Ballinahown, owned 33 acres.
25. Peter Rafferty, address Newbridge, owned 24 acres.
26. "Great Southern and Western Railway Co.", address Dublin, owned 115 acres.
27. "Midland Great Western Railway Co.," address Broadstone, Dublin, owned 695 acres.
28. William Reddy, address Rochfort-bridge, Tyrrell's-pass, owned 28 acres.
29. Mrs. Reid, Reps. of, address Agents, Messrs. Stewart and Kincaid, Leinster-st., Dublin, owned 591 acres.
30. William Reid, address Castlepollard, owned 4 acres.
31. Patrick Reill, address Simonstown, Coole, owned 269 acres.
32. Anthony A. Reilly, address Belmont, Mullingar, owned 189 acres.
33. Owen Reilly, address Rosmead, Delvin, owned 328 acres.
34. Mrs. Philip Reilly, address Cork, owned 86 acres.
35. Rev. John Rennison, address Glasson, owned 24 acres.
36. Richd. Winter Reynell, address Killynon, Kilucan, owned 289 acres.
37. Samuel A. Reynell, address Archerstown, Killucan, owned 1,566 acres.
38. Thomas L. Riggs, address Castlepollard, owned 33 acres.
39. Patrick Robins, address Moate Lodge, Moate, owned 63 acres.
40. Arthur H. Robinson, address Athlone, owned 191 acres.
41. Edward Robinson, address Stoneleigh, Croughwell, Co. Galway, owned 297 acres.
42. Thomas Robinson, address Athlone, owned 61 acres.
43. W. H. Robinson, address Moate, owned 75 acres.
44. Geo. A. Rochfort-Boyd, address Middleton Park, Castletown-Geoghegan, owned 9,431 acres.
45. Capt. Charles Gustavus Rochfort, address Ballytore, Co. Kildare, owned 1,434 acres.
46. J. H. Rochfort, address Westmeath, owned 197 acres.
47. Mrs. Maria Rochfort, address Agent, Robert Hudson, Seabank, Arklow, owned 152 acres.
48. Robert Rochfort, address Sidebrook, Rochfort-bridge, owned 815 acres.
49. John A. Ronayne, address Agent, John Pelly, esq., Ennis, owned 45 acres.
50. Henry J. Roper, address Bennison Lodge, Castlepollard, owned 447 acres.
51. J. P. Ross, address Backlane, Castletown, owned 95 acres.
52. George Rotheram, address Blackrock, Dublin, owned 200 acres.
53. T. E. Rotheram, address Treermon, Clonmellon, owned 360 acres.
54. John Rotton, address Newcastle-on-Tyne, owned 248 acres.
55. Mrs. Mary Anne Rourke, address In Chancery, Agent, W. F. Roe, esq., Letterkenny, owned 483 acres.
56. Robert Rowe, address Tipperary, owned 142 acres.
57. Fredk. Wm. Russell, address Lissanode, Moate, owned 578 acres.
58. William Russell, address Moate, owned 5 acres.
59. Patrick Ryan, address Toor, Ballynacargy, owned 2 acres.
60. Rev. J. W. Rynd, address, Galbally, owned 198 acres.
Landowners in County Westmeath continued...
Back to the Westmeath Main Page