San Fele Potenza Basilicata Links of interest
Links to information, maps and photos of San Fele, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy are included on my website because it's fun to learn about the Italian Comune where both of my father's parents were born, raised, & married before they immigrated to the United States. I maintain this free website in celebration of my father's heritage.
- Comune di San Fele (PZ) website. This is the OFFICIAL San Fele WebSite - Click around on the site for more information & facts on San Fele; includes addresses & names of officials. (in Italian, use online translation tools if you don't read Italian; google has a good one)
- Addresses + Phone Numbers of the San Fele Comune - Municipio 85020 San Fele (PZ) - address and telephone lookup from PagineBianche in Italy. Includes interactive maps next to each address listing.
- Archivio di Stato di Potenza - Official Italian Government Web Site with addresses and a list of what genealogy and historical records from the town of San Fele are available. Send them a letter of request for photocopies of records (patrimonio documentario) they have in their archives.
- Aerial Photos of San Fele - Foto Aeree - aerial photos by aptbasilicata.it; commercial tourist agency; interesting views.
- Beautiful photos of San Fele (PZ) - Città Lucana - very easy to use site with photos of San Fele click on the foto, many people copy his photos and put them on their own sites without giving him credit.
- Historical Photos of San Fele by Fiore S. Barbato - Black and white photo archive of history. Click to enlarge.
- Video: San Fele - 9 gennaio 2011 - by Franco Lorenzo
- I Comuni della Lucania: San Fele - FAST FACTS on San Fele + clear photo of the town from Gingen Italia.
- Quick facts on San Fele - including origin of the town and how it was once called Santa Felice from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia; in English (I started the San Fele page on Wiki back in 2005: pmn).
- Italian Wiki version - Ciao - p m n
- ''Stats'' on the Comune di San Fele - Specifications, overview of the basic information on San Fele on one page.
- Amministratori Comune di San Fele - Names of some of the Administrative Directors of the Municipality of San Fele, Potenza, Basilicata, ITALIA.
- San Fele Waterfalls ''"U Uattenniére" - Volunteers devoted their time and energy to restoring the big part of the Sanfele waterfalls. The
U Uattenniére Association is continuing restoration of other parts of the stream including beautiful nature trails, both simple and challenging, designed to allow all types of visitors of all ages to better appreciate the unique beauty of the Waterfalls of San
- Associazione Cascate dI San Fele - Photos documenting the first year of operation to clear and improve the area
- Cascate di San Fele "U uattenniere" - photos of the San Fele Falls by Giacomo D'Elia.
- Cascate "U Uattenniere" San Fele Panoramio Photo - Photos by
- Video: Le cascate di San Fele, U Uattenniere January 17, 2011 - news / interviews with the mayor and others about how this was accomplished by SANFELESI.
- Video: San Fele U uattinier February 20, 2011 - includes photos of some of the massive cleanup involved in this project - by Giuseppe Ferrone
- Video: San Fele (PZ) Cascate "U Uattenniere" April 11, 2011 - uploaded by Franco Lorenzo
- Video: Le Cascate di San Fele "U Uattenniere" August 23, 2011 - by by Michele Volonnino... una meravigliosa giornata trascorsa alle cascate di San Fele.
- Un patrimonio di cascate - Basilicata event, at the San Fele Waterfalls, dedicated to European Heritage Days on 29 and 30 September 2012
- Video: San Fele Snow (Neve) 01 Feb 2012 - driving home to San Fele in the snow by Franco Lorenzo (Beatles tune) he travels from a larger city to go home.
- FLICKR: Places / Italy / Basilicata / San Fele
- Flickr: SanFele Everyone's Uploads - click on the photos, small, medium and more options.
- PULONE House in San Fele- by Domenic Pulone, August 2009.
- Topics CNN, My favorite place: Danny DeVito - "My family comes from San Fele" (ok Danny, hmm) I still don't know how his family surname was spelled in San Fele, maybe it was DeVito or Vito. Also I read someplace online, now deleted, that DeVito is really his mother's surname. +What is the name of his San Fele immigrant ancestor? Please let me know. This could just be a PR stunt, thanks Paula N.(Hollywood, CA)
- Tronolone Family Origins, Justin's Trip to San Fele by Justin Lenzo *MUST READ* if you are planning a train visit to San Fele; so you won't take the wrong train !
- Video: San Fele montanga panorama estate vaganze - uploaded by Celica (WOW!!! listen to that wind blowing up in those mountains! watch out... don't let the wind blow you off of the mountain)
- San Fele on the Net - local events, news, photos, and other activities of interest to Alberto Nigro (no relation to me) who started the site with his friend Franco Lorenzo although I'm not sure Franco is still involved in this
- San Giustino De Jacobis da San Fele - The patron Saint of San Fele, PZ, Italy.
- Santuario di Santa Maria di Pierno a San Fele - click on each of the small photos
- S. Maria di Pierno di S.Fele - Church Address. Click on "mappa" to see a location map
- Parrocchia Santa Maria Della Quercia - Roof Top view of S.Fele's historical Catholic Church + address.
- Diocesi di Melfi-Rapolla-Venosa - Church of the Comune of San Fele, Santa Maria della Quercia
- My brother and his sons in front of the church - summer 2008.
- Churches and Sanctuaries in the San Fele area - Photos from Visita la Lucania including Santuario di S. Maria di Pierno, Chiesa Matrice di S. Maria della Quercia, and more.
- Video: Lucania Dialect / Lucania: perle di saggezza - uploaded by Gially91
- Tarantelle Lucane - uploaded by Pietro Lapolla. More traditional
Lucania music from Pieto on his youtube
- Lucania the Dialect of Basilicata - also still known as Lucania, which is the original name for the Region from Gingen Italia.
- Sanfelese, il vernacolo di San Fele (PZ) - compiled by Anthony D'Agostino
- La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno / NEWS - from the area (Basilicata) includes local news from San Fele. One of the oldest newspapers in Italy. (In Italian; easy to read so practice your Italian Reading)
- Ansa.it regional news for Basilicata - they also have "News in English" click on the link in the left side of page.
- CAP Codes & Comune Names in the Regione of Basilicata - click on "Provincia di Potenza" for an alphabetical listing of the comuni in the Province of Potenza. San Fele is in the Province of Potenza (PZ).
- Provincia di Potenza - Official Provincial Government Web Site Comuni d'Italia - Basilicata - A complete list of all the Comuni of Basilicata [in Italian] but the search engine often does not work so you are better off to scroll through it page by page.
- Weather Forecast San Fele - Foreca.com - Satellite > Temperature > San Fele. Weather map, Italy
- Photos of Basilicata from Italian Visits - (This is *not* a recommendation. Their site is only included for the photos.)
- Protected Areas in Basilicata - from the Italian National Parks Portal.
Back to Top ^
| Home | Surnames | Researchers |
SanFele Historical Family Trees | Sanfelesi Photos | | Archivio Stato | Links |
Location Maps | Table of Contents | Email Contact
also to help you find your Italian Roots and Family from Italy
Italian Genealogy Online and all things Italian
01 Sep 2013
This free San Fele Genealogy Connections site may be freely linked, but not duplicated.
Copyright © 2000 - 2013 by Paula Marie Nigro di Vincenzo
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!
This San Fele Genealogy site is generously hosted by: