San Fele Potenza Basilicata Links of interest
Links to information, maps and photos of San Fele, Potenza, Basilicata, Italy are included on my website because it's fun to learn about the Italian Comune where both of my father's parents were born, raised, & married before they immigrated to the United States. I maintain this free website in celebration of my father's heritage.
- Comune di San Fele (PZ) website. This is the OFFICIAL San Fele WebSite - Click around on the site for more information & facts on San Fele; includes addresses & names of officials. (in Italian, use online translation tools if you don't read Italian; google has an easy to access, good one)
- Addresses + Phone Numbers of the San Fele Comune - Municipio 85020 San Fele (PZ) - address and telephone lookup from PagineBianche in Italy. Includes interactive maps next to each address listing.
- Archivio di Stato di Potenza - Official Italian Government Web Site with addresses and a list of what genealogy and historical records from the town of San Fele are available. Send them a letter of request for photocopies of records (patrimonio documentario) they have in their archives.
- Aerial Photos of San Fele - Foto Aeree - aerial photos by aptbasilicata.it; commercial tourist agency; interesting views.
- Historical Photos of San Fele by Fiore S. Barbato - Black and white photo archive of history. Click to enlarge.
- Video: San Fele - 9 gennaio 2011 - by Franco Lorenzo
- I Comuni della Lucania: San Fele - FAST FACTS on San Fele + clear photo of the town from Gingen Italia.
- Quick facts on San Fele - including origin of the town and how it was once called Santa Felice from Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia; in English (I started the San Fele page on Wiki back in 2005: pmn).
- Italian Wiki version - Ciao - p m n
- ''Stats'' on the Comune di San Fele - Specifications, overview of the basic information on San Fele on one page.
- Amministratori Comune di San Fele - Names of some of the Administrative Directors of the Municipality of San Fele, Potenza, Basilicata, ITALIA.
- San Fele Waterfalls: Le cascate di San Fele ''U uattenniére'' -- volunteers devoted their time, energy and love of nature to restoring the big part of the Sanfele waterfalls. The U Uattenniére Association, under the auspices of the ''Ministero dei beni e delle attività culturali e del turismo'', is continuing restoration of other parts of the stream including beautiful nature trails, both simple and challenging, designed to allow all types of visitors of all ages to better appreciate the unique beauty of the Waterfalls of San Fele.
- Associazione Cascate dI San Fele - VIDEO of Photos documenting the first year of operation to clear and improve the area (L'associazione cascate di san fele compie il primo anno di attività!)
- Cascate di San Fele "U uattenniere" - photos of the San Fele Falls by Giacomo D'Elia.
- Cascate "U Uattenniere" San Fele Panoramio Photo - Photos by Mario Vaccaro
- Video: Le cascate di San Fele, U Uattenniere January 17, 2011 - news / interviews with the S.Fele mayor and others about how this was accomplished by SANFELESI.
- Video: San Fele U uattinier February 20, 2011 - includes photos of some of the massive cleanup involved in this project - by Giuseppe Ferrone
- Video: San Fele (PZ) Cascate "U Uattenniere" April 11, 2011 - uploaded by Franco Lorenzo (nato Sanfele)
- Video: Le Cascate di San Fele "U Uattenniere" August 23, 2011 - uploaded by by Michele Volonnino... una meravigliosa giornata trascorsa alle cascate di San Fele.
- Un patrimonio di cascate - Basilicata event, at the San Fele Waterfalls, dedicated to European Heritage Days on 29 and 30 September 2012
- Video: San Fele Snow (Neve) 01 Feb 2012 - driving home to San Fele in the snow by Franco Lorenzo (Beatles tune) he travels from a larger city to go home.
- FLICKR: Places / Italy / Basilicata / San Fele
- Flickr: SanFele Everyone's Uploads - click on the photos, small, medium and more options.
- PULONE House in San Fele- by Domenic Pulone, August 2009.
- Tronolone Family Origins, Justin's Trip to San Fele by Justin Lenzo *MUST READ* if you are planning a train visit to San Fele; so you won't take the wrong train !
- Video: San Fele montanga panorama estate vaganze - uploaded by Celica (WOW!!! listen to that wind blowing up in those mountains! watch out... don't let the wind blow you off of the mountain)
- San Fele on the Net - local events, news, photos, and other activities of interest to Alberto Nigro (no relation to me) who started the site with his friend Franco Lorenzo although I'm not sure Franco is still involved in this project.
- San Giustino De Jacobis da San Fele - The patron Saint of San Fele, PZ, Italy.
- Diocesi di Melfi-Rapolla-Venosa - Church of the Comune of San Fele, Santa Maria della Quercia
- Parrocchie a San Fele / Parish Churches in San Fele (PZ) - Parrocchia S. Maria Della Quercia, Parrocchia S. Maria Di Pierno and Parrocchia S. Vincenzo Ferreri. The Italian phone book gives the addresses, telephone numbers. Plus... CLICK ON "mappa" to see a location maps
- My brother and his sons in front of Parrocchia S. Maria Della Quercia in San Fele - summer 2008.
- Chiesa Matrice di Santa Maria della Quercia - San Fele Galleria Immagini > click on the small photos.
- Parrocchia Santa Maria Della Quercia - Roof Top view of S.Fele's historical Catholic Church + address photo by Michael T. Giallella; Oct 2000.
- Badia di Santa Maria di Pierno - Il santuario della Madonna di Pierno. This ancient historical monastery is about 10 kilometers from San Fele.
- Il Santuario di Pierno - good photos of the interior
- Benvenuti al Santuario Mariano di Pierno - includes the story of the Santuario di Santa Maria di Pierno, historical photos and more by Francesco Faggella
- Video: Lucania Dialect / Lucania: perle di saggezza - uploaded by Gially91
- Tarantelle Lucane - uploaded by Pietro Lapolla. More traditional
Lucania music from Pieto on his youtube channel.
- Lucania the Dialect of Basilicata - also still known as Lucania, which is the original name for the Region from Gingen Italia.
- Sanfelese, il vernacolo di San Fele (PZ) - compiled by Anthony D'Agostino
- Lucan portrait of Leonardo da Vinci discovered in Basilicata - given the name Lucan portrait, from Lucania, the ancient name of Basilicata
- Travel Topics CNN > Danny DeVito: "My family comes from San Fele" Editor's note: Various sources online state that D'Vito is his mother's surname also that his roots are Arbëresh from Albania/ Danny Devito said on the Jay Leno Show that he was Albanian ..so... Does anyone know the full names of Daniel M. DeVito's San Fele born immigrant ancestors? Please send the webmaster the INFO ''perhaps'' his Public Relations people 'enhanced' the CNN story. F-Y-I most professionals with FB & Twitter accounts doNot have time to read their messages or respond so they leave it to their Management or Secretaries to post and read ''for them'' with very little oversight unless something goes amiss:-)) Thank you Paula Nigro
- La Gazzetta del Mezzogiorno / NEWS - from the area (Basilicata) includes local news from San Fele. One of the oldest newspapers in Italy. (In Italian; easy to read so practice your Italian Reading)
- Ansa.it regional news for Basilicata - they also have "News in English" click on the link in the left side of page.
- CAP Codes & Comune Names in the Regione of Basilicata - click on "Provincia di Potenza" for an alphabetical listing of the comuni in the Province of Potenza. San Fele is in the Province of Potenza (PZ).
- Provincia di Potenza - Official Provincial Government Web Site Comuni d'Italia - Basilicata - A complete list of all the Comuni of Basilicata [in Italian] but the search engine often does not work so you are better off to scroll through it page by page.
- Weather Forecast San Fele - Foreca.com - Satellite > Temperature > San
Fele. Weather map, Italy
- Photos of Basilicata from Italian Visits - (This is *not* a recommendation. Their site is only included for the photos.)
- Protected Areas in Basilicata - from the Italian National Parks Portal.
Back to Top ^
| Home | Surnames | Researchers |
SanFele Historical Family Trees | Sanfelesi Photos | Archivio Stato | Links | Location Maps | Table of Contents | Email Contact
also to help you find your Italian Roots and Family from Italy
Italian Genealogy Online and all things Italian
11 Feb 2014
This free San Fele Genealogy Connections site may be freely linked, but not duplicated.
Copyright © 2000 - 2014 by Paula Marie Nigro figlia di Vincenzo di Francesco di Antonio
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!
This San Fele Genealogy site is generously hosted by: