Information from Baxter and Spring Valley Township Cemetery Book.
Compiled by Marilyn Schmitt for The Cherokee County Genealogical Society of Southeast Kansas Feb. 1983.
For more information on Cherokee Co. cemeteries contact the: Cherokee County, Kansas Genealogical-Historical Society, Inc.
Located near the center of the SW1/4 of Section 6, Township 35, Range 24. In the 1960's Mr. Reuben Cooper copied information from one stone which was broken and lying on the ground. It contained one name - Elizabeth Pinkston.
- PINKSTON Elizabeth Died 2 Nov. 1875 Aged 24 yrs 5 mo 16 days
Located in the NW1/4 of the SW1/4 of Section 16, Township 34, Range 24, near the road is a second site with the names Cowan and Dockery.
- COWAN .... Infant of S. and M. M. (or H.) Cowan Died 9 Nov. 1878
- DOCKERY ..... Mark, son of H. and A. Dockery Died 7 Jun 1877, age 9 mo 29 days
- DOCKERY .... Two infants, children of H. & A. Dockery Born and died 5 Sep 1874
Located on the west half of SW1/4, Section 14, Township 34, Range 24 is the third site with the name Usrey.
- USREY .... David Died 1 March 1881 (age unreadable - believe to be 60 Y)
- USREY .... Susane Died 15 Feb 1882 age 61Y, 8 M, 22D
Compiled by Norma Hall, Helen Kelley and Carol Phelps
For more information on Cherokee Co. cemeteries contact the: Cherokee County, Kansas Genealogical-Historical Society, Inc. Submitted by Marilyn Schmitt
This page was updated: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 This site may be freely linked, but not duplicated in any way without consent. © 2004 by Ann Bush The copyright (s) on this page must appear on all copied and/or printed material.
All rights reserved! Commercial use of material within this site is prohibited!
This site is generously Hosted by RootsWeb