We encourage and appreciate all the information that everyone submits.
The same questions seem to be asked on "how do I get the information on the site"
This is not one of those long "FAQ" pages that tries everyone's patience, just the basics on submitting information to be posted on the site.
Nothing is written in stone .... if you would like to submit info in another format let me know and I will try to accommodate you.
Obituaries & Cemetery Transcriptions
1. Obituaries and other text files can be submitted as a text file or Word file.
2. Cemetery transcriptions can be submitted in text, Word or Excel.
a. Excel being the preference, but any a text file or MS WORD document if fine.
b. If submitting in text or WORD it is preferred that the words be separated by commas
where they will go into table cells, ie;
First Name Middle Initial (also maiden name if available for females, any Dr., Jr., etc)
Date of Birth
Date of Death
Comments - place of birth, place of death, any inscription on tombstone, known facts of the submitter, or this can stay blank if no other info is available.
Basically these are the five (5) columns that are used, but there are exceptions.
Those being if there are plot #'s, cemetery sections, etc for all burials.
BROWN,John,1-Jan-1900(any date format is acceptable),1-Jan-2000,same stone as Jane Brown etc etc
- Photos need to be submitted in .jpg format.
- Preference for size is at least in the range of 480 x 620 (easier to size down the size up)
- When saving photos of tombstones or people please save last name first then a dash then first name ie: Smith-John.jpg. No spaces.
- An information list needs to accompany photos - name and dates on stones
- Photos may be emailed, sent on diskette or CD. If you do not have a scanner you can send them to me via snail mail and I will scan them and return the photos to you.
Email submissions and any questions to Ann
- All cemetery transcriptions and photos remain the property of the submitter.
- An email link will be posted along with all submissions