Parker Community Historical Society
Parker Businesses Photo Album
Many businesses flourished in Parker in the 1940's. Here are some advertisements that appeared in the Parker Rural High School annuals and the Year that the ad appeared. (We don't have pictures for these. Scroll Down for the Pictures.)
- Bill's Shoe Repair. Look at your shoes, Others do. (1940 ad)
- Blaker Lumber & Grain Co. Sherwin-Williams products, Roofing, Lumber. Everything to build anything. "No One Can Out-Glass Us". (1940 ad)
- A.E. Crosswhite. Local and Short Hauling. Phone 94. (1945 ad)
- Farris-Adams. Undertaking Company, Ambulance Service. Local Agent, John E. Groves. (1940 ad)
- Mrs. Dora Hare. Novelty and Dry Goods. (1940 ad)
- Hare's Welding & Repairs. Acetylene Welding, Blacksmithing, Auto Repairs. Howard V. Hare, owner. (1945 ad)
- Hilliard's Barber Shop. (1940 ad)
F.N. Hilliard Barber Shop. Hair Cut-40 cents, Shave-25 cents. (1945 ad)
- Hope's Transfer, Phone 86. (1941 ad)
- Ingram Garage. Acetylene & Electric Welding, Auto Repairs. Jod Ingram, Prop. (1946 ad)
- Mr. Edward Koontz. Bee Supplies. (1945 ad)
- Lockhart Service Station. Phone 10 (1945 ad)
- G.G. McConnell Insurance & Real Estate. (1940 ad)
- Parks' Variety Store. If it's variety, we have it. (1940 ad)
- Parker Hardware Company. General Hardware, Seeds, Paints and Varnishes, Stoves, Ranges. T.J. Oakley, Mrs. Allie M. Miller. (1940 ad)
T.J. Oakley, F. May Oakley. (1945 ad)
- Parker Cafe. Dinners, Plate Lunches, Short Orders, Home Made Chili, Candy Bars, Ice Cream, Cold Drinks. (1942 ad)
Mrs. L.A. Strange, Mgr. (1945 ad)
Home Made Pies & Chili, Home Cooked Meals & Short Orders. Alberta Moody, Manager (1947 ad)
- The Parker Message. Quality Printing. J.F. Newell, Publisher (1940 ad)
Mrs. L. Lontkowsky, Publisher, J.F. Newell, Owner (1941 ad)
- Laura Scrugg's. General Merchandise, Ready-to-wear and Notions. South side of Main Street. Established 1908. (1940 ad)
- Skelly Service Station. Gas, Oil, Ice. Walter Richardson, Phone 13. (1941 ad)
Clarence Wright. (1947 ad)
- Stadler's Cafe. Phone 41. (1941 ad)
- Standard Oil Products. Quality Service. Charles, Thad, Phone 89. (1945 ad)
- Standard Service Station. Gas, Accessories, Oil, Ice, Car Greasing, Tires. Walter Richardson, phone 17. (1945-1947 ad)
- Sullins A.G. Store. More of the best for the least. (1942 ad)
- Wright's Cafe. Eats, Cold Drinks, Tobacco, Cigarettes, Coffee. (1940 ad)
Click on a picture for a larger view.
Click the "Back" button in your browser to get back to this page.
||Parker State Bank in 1947 was located on the South-West corner of Main and Center Streets.
Capital, Surplus and Profits $31,000.(1945)
||The Koontz & Worthington Garage in 1940 had Texaco Gas, Oils, Goodrich Tires, and Willard Batteries. They also supplied Bus Service to the Parker Rural High School.
||The Standard Station in 1940 was located on the North-East corner of Main and Center Streets
||T.T. Hope for Merchandise, Grain, and Water Hauling.
||Calvin's Ever-Eat Cafe, owned and operated by Rus & Bill, was located on Main Street in 1940. Good things to eat at all hours.
Back to Home Page
This page was revised by Ken Prentice on Monday, August 23, 2004.
Comments to: Parker Community Historical Society
Copyright: ŠParker Community Historical Society 2001-2015. All rights reserved.