In 1911, Parker High School became a three-year high school.
|In 1922, a new brick high school was built on the north edge of town and Parker Rural High School became a four-year institution.|
The Manual Training building was built in 1930.
Bus Service in 1938.
Bus Service in 1957.
In 1966, Linn County consolidated the school districts, and started building Prairie View High School 3 miles west of LaCygne. It took a couple of years to get things organized. Before the Prairie View High School was finished the seventh and eighth graders went to Fontana, the Freshmen and Sophomores went to Parker, and the Juniors and Seniors went to LaCygne.
In 1970, the students were bused to Prairie View High School and the high school at Parker was closed.
Sixty-Five Years of Graduates
PRHS Alumni: Please send changes of mailing address or email address to Janice (Cady) Stahl.
The Alumni Banquet is the Fourth Saturday of April!
Back to Home Page