Fairview Cemetery - Albion
Section / Township / Range: 19-26-6
The cemetery is located on the NW side of cross roads Whiteside Road and Boundary Road.
W.S. Clark deeded 1-1/2 acres for burial purposes in 1884.
1978: The cemetery is an inactive, unkempt, small cemetery in which only five marked graves can be found. No known record of the burials, but there is an historical account of how the cemetery started. In the early days, there was a school on this land. A family traveling in a covered wagon stopped at the school and asked for help, because their small daughter had died. The school teacher dismissed school, sent for a minister and had a funeral in the school for the child. Then the mourners buried her in a corner of the school yard.
2006: The area was overgrown and neglected. When the grass is tall it makes it hard to find the few headstones.
Interments - 1978 Survey