Fairview Cemetery - Elmer
Section / Township / Range: 17-24-5
The cemetery is located on Sand Creek Road, 1/2 mile south of Trail West Road.
The cemetery was originally a small plot of land on the homestead of Warren F. White. His son George H. White, seven years old, was the first person to be buried there in 1873. In 1880, Warren White, fifty years old, was buried there also. After this date there were trustees for the growing cemetery who surveyed and plotted the land. The record book noted that lots were selling for $3.00 each in 1883. Sarah White, Warren White’s widow, deeded the plot to the Fairview Cemetery Association in 1888.
Interments - 1978 Survey