Section / Township / Range: 15-24-7
The cemetery is located on Partridge Road, South of Trail West Road.
Partridge Cemetery, originally Reno Center Cemetery, was used for a burial ground soon after the First Church of Reno Center was organized in December 1873. The first deed to the trustees was made July 26, 1879. A tract of two acres in the NW corner of SW1/4 Sec. 15-24-7 was given by Rev. Samuel Dilley for use as a public cemetery. Local people believe that many graves from nearby private or family burial lots were moved to this new cemetery.
On November 12, 1921 Claude W. Puckett and Edna (Dilley) Puckett gave approximately two acres for a North Annex to Reno Cemetery Association and in 1975 land for the East Annex was purchased from the William S. Williams family and Robert Puckett. The cemetery now consists of approximately six acres and is platted into about 680 lots. Center Township assumed the maintenance and management in 1923 and taxes are levied for this purpose. A history and listing of burials as well as ownership of lots was published in 1963 by Marson H. French, Lillian (Crotts) French of Rural Route Partridge and Mrs. William Peterson (Malinda Crotts).
Interments - 1978 Survey