Peace Bethel Cemetery
Section / Township / Range: 8-23-8
The cemetery is located at the crossroads of W 4th Ave. and Peace Road.
The land was purchased from George Newman by the trustees of the Bethel Cemetery Association for $18.00 on 30 August 1880. It is a small country cemetery maintained by the township. A person with historical knowledge of the area stated that at one time there was a church at this location. Later it was abandoned and the church building was moved south to a town called Pekin. However, the town and the church are no longer in existence.
Interments - 1978 Survey