Section / Township / Range: 33-26-7
The cemetery is located on Smoots Creek Road just West of Partridge Road at the Reno and Kingman County line
There are 8 marked graves in this cemetery. The headstone of Richard Brown is broken. His grave was identified using the history provided in the cemetery book published by the Reno County Genealogical Society. It is possible that Richard's headstone is in the cemetery under the weeds. At the time of our visit  it was overgrown and we had to uncover the graves. The presence of artificial flowers indicate the cemetery was visited within the past year.
Charles L. Schooley, who homesteaded this quarter section of land, gave one acre for burials after the death of a small boy. The boy was Richard Brown, four years old, who died from a rattlesnake bite in 1880. By 1885, two other of the Brown’s children were buried in this plot. As the years passed this small cemetery, which held eight graves, became obscure and little used.
In 1964, two sisters, Malinda (Crotts) Peterson and Lillian (Crotts) French, charter members of the Reno County Genealogical Society, found the grave of their grandmother in this almost-forgotten cemetery. In August of 1964 members of the families who had relatives buried here, including the Brown family, met and discussed plans for renovating the cemetery. Mrs. French and Mrs. Peterson were able to secure a Warranty Deed from the surviving member of the original Schooley family, W. Thomas Schooley, in 1964, who deeded the tract of land for the cemetery to Roscoe Township. The Brown family seeded the ground and the Crotts sisters had a chain link fence placed around the tract. A bronze plaque was placed on the fence identifying it as the “Schooley Cemetery”.
Interments - 1978 & 2006 Survey