Events & Society News
Be sure to read the news listed below and to check our BLOG for other information too.
Community Connection Projects
Projects that allow us to connect with or give back to our community, such as, but not limited to:
- Free genealogy workshops - 1 or 2 per year.
- Books or microfilm donated to the Hutchinson Public Library.
- Headstone for an unmarked grave.
- Purchasing cemetery name signs
- 17 planned [2 complete, 13 ordered, 2 pending as of 4/7/11]
- Antioch & Hazen cemeteries were the first two signs purchased.
- Displays & exhibits - Kansas Room display case with rotating family items. Previous photo exhibit titled "Faces & Places of Reno County" , celebrating family history month
- Genealogy & Cemetery combined brochure - 1st one created for Eastside Cemetery. Placed on sight in time for Memorial Day weekend 2009
If you have an idea for a project we'd love to hear about it!
In the May 2009 issue of The Sunflower the Waterhouse Symbolism newsletter was listed. Richard has recently started a web site where you can find his newsletters.
Everyone has a story to tell!