Sorry, Currently there are no listings for this cemetery. If you would like to "adopt" this cemetery by completing a thorough inventory of grave stones, please contact the SCHGS for further instructions.
Morris Center Cemetery, Morris Twp, R 4 W, T 33, Sec 15, SW corner of SW¼ . Location from Argonia: (south edge of city) 6 S, 1 E. This cemetery measures 16 rods x 20 rods. It was established in 1885.
Joseph Hubbard and wife Quintilla, deeded to Robert Elarton, Nelson Anthony, T J Sayers, H S Swalley, O B Harlan. J D Sloan and Joseph Hubbard, Trustees of Morris Center Cemetery Corp., by Warranty Deed, for $30.00, dated Jan. 10, 1885, and filed Feb. 4, 1885 in Reg. of Deeds Office in Sumner Co. Ks., giving the following description: Beginning 10 rodes North from Southwest corner of Sec 15, T 33 S, R4 W of 6th Principal Meridan, then east16 rods, then north 20 rods, then 16 rods west then south 20 rods to the beginning.
Then in a Warranty Deed from C C Ford, F P Wethington, and E L Elarton, Trustees of Morris Center Cemetery, this cemetery was deeded back to Morris Township, Aug 13, 1941 and filed Aug. 26, 1941, in the Register of Deeds Office in Sumner County.
Consideration was resolutions adopted by members of the Cemetery Association and $1.00