listing was compiled and donated by Patty Woods Delcamp.
Updated June 2010
The Mulvane Cemetery is located at 1601 E. 119 St. So. Mulvane, KS
Information on the Mulvane Cemetery;
Cemetery, Gore Twnsp, R 2 E, T 30, Sec. 3, NW corner of NW 1/4.
Location from Mulvane: 1 1/2 E.
The original cemetery measured 664' x 742'. The Plat was file Dec. 8, 1886.
The oldest legible marker is dated 1879.
The first cemetery association was composed of Adam Huffbauer, Erasmus Shull, M D Canady, 11 acres were purchased from Oscar Potter.
Early in 1957, the Mulvane Cemetery and the Littleton Cemetery were made into a district to be funded by a Township Mill Levy. This district became known as the Mulvane-Littleton Cemetery Association. Feb. 16, 1957, five directors were elected: G C Hooten, Pres; Geo Bradfield, Vice-pres; Jessie Long, Sec; and Margaret Conklin. At that time the Township Board granted them $495.07; that was the balance in the cemetery fund at that time.
A water well was soon put down , and with capable caretakers the area has always been beautifully kept.
In May, 1962, 11 acres more were bought from Louie and Minnie Braddy.