The following is taken from Cemeteries in Sumner County, Kansas by Harvey and Ruth Swan (1983).
"The first Belle Plaine Cemetery, Belle Plaine Twnsp, R1E, T30, Sec. 36, NW 1/4. Location from Belle Plaine: NE corner of the city.
The first public burial site for the people of Belle Plaine was on the Ripperton farm, about 1870, and now believed to belong to a member of the Lane family.
This area did not prove to be satisfactory to many people so a new location was found at the Southwest part of town.
It is thought that any graves that might have been made in this cemetery were later moved to the new cemetery."