Main |  Kentucky Data  |  Family Records   |  Photos   |  Slave Records  Tombstone Project  Vital Records   |  Surname Registry 

Look Ups!  | Acknowledgements  Queries    |  Submissions  |  Publications  |  Site Search Contact Us

 
   

County Collections

Adair  Allen Anderson  Ballard  Barren  Bath  Bell  Boone  Bourbon  Boyd  Boyle  Bracken  Breathitt Breckinridge  Bullitt     Butler  Caldwell  Calloway   Campbell   Carlisle Carroll Carter  Casey  Christian   Clark  Clay  Clinton Crittenden Cumberland  Daviess  Edmonson Elliott   Estill  Fayette Fleming  Floyd  Franklin  Fulton  Gallatin   Garrard  Grant  Graves  Grayson  Green  Greenup  Hancock  Hardin  Harlan  Harrison  Hart  Henderson  Henry  Hickman  Hopkins  Jackson  Jefferson  Jessamine  Johnson  Kenton  Knott   Knox

LaRue  Laurel Lawrence  Lee  Leslie  Letcher  Lewis  Lincoln  Livingston  Logan  Lyon  Madison Magoffin  Marion  Marshall  Martin  Mason  McCracken McCreary  Mclean Meade Menifee Mercer  Metcalfe  Monroe  Montgomery  Morgan  Muhlenberg  Nelson  Nicholas  Ohio  Oldham  Owen  Owsley  Pendleton  Perry  Pike   Powell  Pulaski  Robertson Rockcastle  Rowan  Russell  Scott  Shelby Simpson  Spencer  Taylor  Todd  Trigg  Trimble  Union  Warren  Washington  Wayne  Webster  Whitley  Wolfe Woodford

 

 

 

CUMBERLAND CO. AFRICAN-AMERICAN CHURCH HISTORIES

 

Courtesy Barren’s Black Roots Volume 3, Michelle Gorin Burris, Gorin Genealogical Publishing, (c) May 1993. Source: The Jubilee History and Biographical Sketches of Liberty Association, by G. RE. Ford, Printed and Published by Times Publishing Company of Smiths Grove, Ky., 1916.

 

Burkesville Baptist Church

Cumberland County

 

“The Burkesville Baptist Church was organized by Rev. Balinger Wright, a white Baptist of Cumberland County, in 1869. The first pastor was Rev. Billy Wilson; the second, Rev. Shed Wraley; the third, Rev. Joseph Miles, of Glasgow, Ky.; the fourth, Rev. G. W. Samples, who served for twenty-six years; the fifth, Rev. T. M. Duff, who has served for twelve years and is the present pastor.

 

“The church has had the following deacons: Bros. A. F. Baker, David Wagner, Milton Ellington; the present deacons are Bros. O. Owsley, A. L. Scott, F. E. Baker, H. C. Baker. The secretaries are as follows: Bros. S. P. Spearman, Milton Ellington, B. J. Baker; who has served for thirty-five years.

 

“They had had two buildings: the first was a box house valued at about $50, the second is a frame building valued at $1,000.00.”