|Candidate for USGenWeb
Southeast/Mid-Atlantic County Coordinator Representative
|Allow me to introduce myself.
My involvement in genealogy has spanned most of my life, having tromped many a graveyard as a child and sifted through courthouse and census records before the days of indexes. My tenure with the USGenWeb project has been a busy 7 years building data and information that will effectively serve the long-distance researcher. My involvment with Internet Genealogy includes:
In addition to my genealogical responsibilities, I have represented or led other volunteers in the following projects:
My employment over the past 25 years has been in mid-management corporate and self-employed customer/consumer oriented careers. I have been actively involved with serving and dealing with people as a Buyer for 3 separate Department Stores (Snyders in KY, Peebles in VA and Belks in NC), served in store level management (Assistant Manager at Snyders and Retail Manager for Cracker Barrel restaurants), and for 9 1/2 years have sucessfully owned and operated a Bed & Breakfast in Asheville, NC. My experience with employees, volunteers, and customers represent the knowledge and abilty to serve You, the County Coordinator, the back bone and foundation of the USGW organization . As a single mom of 2 shelter rescue cats (who love to bring me presents of live snakes, mice, moles, voles, lizards, rabbits and birds), I have the ability and time to devote to the duties of SE/MA County Coordinator Representative.
USGenWeb has been a major reference point in my personal ancestral search, and as SE/MA County Coordinator Representative, my desire would be to assist USGenWeb continue to grow and retain it's strength in providing genealogical materials for online researchers, and building continuity and stablility within the foundation of USGW at the County Coordinator level.
County Coordinator Representative I pledge:
2) To foster open communication between the AB and CC's - keeping the CC's within the SE/MA region informed of current and upcoming situations that affect your duties and responsibilities as County Coordinator
3) To represent you, the County Coordinator, with the objectivity and foresight of keeping your duties as free of restricted regulations as possible, and the freedom to do the job with as much flexibility as needed for your situation.
4) To insure fair and equable treatment of members at all levels.
5) To vote in a manner that is in the best interest of the County Coordinator.
6) To stand independentally, and remain a team player, for what I perceive to be the best direction for the future of the organization.
Your vote for me as Representative for the Southeastern and MidAtlantic States will insure a strong voice representing the interests of You, the County Coordinator, at the regional and national level.
Graphic Design: Mike Oliver